Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Does anyone know how I could know if a new map release exists for my car ?
It all starts with the here main page https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/incontrol-user-guide/pivi-map-download.html
I enter my VIN and get access to the european map update. I can write it to a USB key. Long , fastidious, but I'm fine with it.
But how do I know if a new map is available, so I do not download the same map ever again ?
Thanks !
Luc

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,055 Posts
On previous model years, the navigation in the car would tell you there's a new map available and suggests going to the website to download it. It automatically checks every time navigation starts. Does that happen with Pivi?

Also, if you download the latest map update to a flash drive, and then try again later with the same flash drive, the download software will tell you that the map on the flash drive is the most current one, or offer to update it to the new map if there is one.

The map version is displayed at the website and you could keep track of that to watch for a change.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer ! Well actually, I'm not able to see the map version on the website, that sounds strange to me...

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi folks,
Does anyone know how I could know if a new map release exists for my car ?
It all starts with the here main page https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/incontrol-user-guide/pivi-map-download.html
I enter my VIN and get access to the european map update. I can write it to a USB key. Long , fastidious, but I'm fine with it.
But how do I know if a new map is available, so I do not download the same map ever again ?
Thanks !
Luc
I can't even get it to recognise my VIN number never been able to get beyond the first page

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh you need to use the french or UK website. Afaik, none of the other localized pages do work. Yes, and use edge, the other navigators do not work either. The main error I usually do is to select another entertainment system: you must be sure to select pivi pro. On the swiss site for example, it doesn't even exist.
And did you register you car on here.com? It's required I think, as well as your VIN. Logged out, you cannot reach the download page :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I can confirm pivi displays the map version and is able to tell you your usb key contains a newer version, but absolutely cannot tell you by itself if an update is available.
And since the website doesn't show the version, and no notification whatsoever can be triggered, the only choice is to redo the USB key every now and then, just to see... (2020.40 being updated to 2021.02).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
electric-beagle ...and when you enter your VIN, nothing happens ? This means afaik that you're not logged on as here user. One logged and back to the same page, your page should look like the screen capture above.
This said, creating the usb key is one thing, installing the update is quite another. It seems you need to be driving for more than one hour for the operation to succeed. Sounds weird to drive while it is updating, but it won't update if the vehicule is in stand-by. After 3 or 4 retries, it doesn't display the map version anymore. Grrr.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
OK update finished, all correct, all maps display the current version (2021.02), and the about screen shows the date this update was made (today). So don't worry if it needs to restart 5 times, it's designed for that. And at the end, you get a message "update ok, remove USB key".
So seing that we had 40 versions in 2020 and it's already the second version of 2021, could someone confirm there are really updates every month or even more often ?

Now electic-beagle, sorry for this not working. I repost the whole procedure. Valid only for a pivi pro: for older hardware, you need to adapt the process ;) Do not use secret navigation, and I recommand edge. If you do not have a valid navigation pro subscription (you can find that in the jaguar remote app for example, or here: My Jaguar InControl), I doubt this will work.

1/ create a here map account. InControl Route Planner Jaguar Route Planner under my account, my vehicules, my vehicule is not listed. That's not an issue. If you try to add it, it will answer it requires a valid VIN. Don't worry about that.
2/ Mise à jour des cartes InControl et de la navigation du véhicule | Jaguar select update pivi maps: this step is critical: if you select the wrong multimedia hardware (say select touch pro instead of pivi pro), it won't work. Most of the tested localized sites are outdated and do not show the pivi pro choice (switzerland is outdated for instance). France is fine.

3/ enter your VIN. Clic send. The screen slides down showing this:

4/ download and install the map updater app
5/ clic download maps
6/ you'll need a 30 GB USB key, formatted in FAT32. That can be done with minitool partition wizard (free) MiniTool Partition Wizard | Meilleure alternative de Partition Magic pour PC et serveur Windows
7/ start your car. Plug the USB key in the USB socket located under the armrest. Pivi will suggest to update. You need to drive, and you need 1 hour at least. Don't worry, you can restart this step if uncomplete any time by reinserting the ubs key. Do it until Pivi says the update is ok, you can remove the usb key. During the whole process, you HUD will display weird speed limits. Everything comes back to normal when it is finished.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So I created a jaguar here account a couple of months ago.

At the time and now when I try to enter my VIN number to add a vehicle it says please enter valid VIN and will not let me proceed.

I have a 3 year connected Nav pro subscription running to Oct 23.

Any ideas how I try to resolve this?

I fear the answer is to contact JLR who seem to find it hard to find their arse with both hands.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At the time and now when I try to enter my VIN number to add a vehicle it says please enter valid VIN and will not let me proceed.
Yeah it doesn't matter, these systems are not linked together. If it says you need to enter a valid VIN under the link I gave you, it means you selected the wrong hardware imho (you selected touch pro).

·
Registered
I-Pace HSE MY20 Corris Grey, Pano roof
11 Posts
Have you connected to the nav service from your car? It is one thing to create the online account, but unless you have logged in from the car using the same credentials, anyone could use your VIN. This step should link your online account to the actual vehicle? Then it should appear next time you login. Apologies if you have already done so.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you connected to the nav service from your car? It is one thing to create the online account, but unless you have logged in from the car using the same credentials, anyone could use your VIN. This step should link your online account to the actual vehicle? Then it should appear next time you login. Apologies if you have already done so.
Not sure what you mean connected to the Nav service from the car. How do I do this? I assumed it connected itself?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah it doesn't matter, these systems are not linked together. If it says you need to enter a valid VIN under the link I gave you, it means you selected the wrong hardware imho (you selected touch pro).
I didn't realise that I assumed they were linked.

I can get to stage 4 I assumed I didn't need to plug in a usb (thinking I could download to my laptop and copy) but nothing happens when I do that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't realise that I assumed they were linked.

I can get to stage 4 I assumed I didn't need to plug in a usb (thinking I could download to my laptop and copy) but nothing happens when I do that.
Ah you're nearly there then. Stage 4 requires you to install map updater on your computer. It will download and compile the data and handle the usb key. You cannot copy nor download the data yourself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts