Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JAG App has stopped updating as well as WattCat-
while waiting for dealer to return call, any solutions out here that I can try?
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Service?
not sure what that means-
Its in my garage and I have been driving it a couple of weeks since return from dealer for updates- just crossed the 1000 mile mark-

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sometimes the car cannot communicate with the Jaguar server and the apps won't update. Try either starting it or cycling the door locks. If it's in the garage perhaps moving it to the driveway will help.
Also, the car goes into hibernation after 4 days of not driving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes the car cannot communicate with the Jaguar server and the apps won't update. Try either starting it or cycling the door locks. If it's in the garage perhaps moving it to the driveway will help.
Thanks-
drove car this morning, also made sure it is connected to my wifi at home,
will try locks, also will try charging it-

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks-
drove car this morning, also made sure it is connected to my wifi at home,
will try locks, also will try charging it-
Other forum members have reported this issue and there were a few solutions. One was to log out of the apps plus the InControl website (on the PC) and log back in. Another was to clear the app's cache. A third was to uninstall the InControl app and reinstall. Sometimes these worked and sometimes not. Others have reported that after a few days the app mysteriously started working again. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I saw on the Jaguar In Control app that after 4 days of non use, the I-Pace will hibernate and all functions on the app will be inactive.

Question! If the car sits for 4+ days, how does one get the In Control app back up, active and functioning? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
I saw on the Jaguar In Control app that after 4 days of non use, the I-Pace will hibernate and all functions on the app will be inactive.

Question! If the car sits for 4+ days, how does one get the In Control app back up, active and functioning? Thanks.
The best thing to do is set up a wake up timer, so everything is ready when you want to use the car. If you don’t set up a wake up timer, you will wake the car up by unlocking/using it

·
Registered
608 Posts
Both InControl Remote and WattCat were working fine until I sat in the car while updating the maps. Like most members, the car does not log back into the Wifi automatically so I logged in out of shear boredom. The signal strength was good but neither app will update and WattCat forced me to login everytime I opened the app. Perhaps many of the update/login problems members report are related to the car connection to WiFi and not 4G network.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The Incontrol app/Jaguar servers (what WattCat uses for info) do not use the WIFI or owner's 4G network connection (the initial ATT SIM). They use a different SIM and network connection for the Incontrol stuff. This provides all the "connected navigation" stuff too like traffic alerts.

It is possible that other SIM is not making a connection, there's a network problem in your area, or like many of us have had - an unknown issue that self clears (it can take days, a week or more). Parking outside instead of in the garage may help.

One other process to try:
- Start with the car powered off and parked outside of any garage or other obstruction.
- Power up the car with one push of the start button
- Press and hold the left overhead button (wrench symbol). This will case the button to start blinking.
- Release the button when the rate of blinking changes
- Wait until the blinking stops
- Power off the car

This process is supposed to upload the cars profile to Jaguar per Jaguar documentation. It may reset whatever the problem is (we also found this in Jaguar doc filed with NHTSA). There is no assurance that this will work or how long it takes to have any influence.

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
The Incontrol app/Jaguar servers (what WattCat uses for info) do not use the WIFI or owner's 4G network connection (the initial ATT SIM). They use a different SIM and network connection for the Incontrol stuff. This provides all the "connected navigation" stuff too like traffic alerts.
Yeah just to reiterate this ... there are two SIMs in the car, one for optional infotainment stuff (in the center console) and one hidden one that does all the official communication, such as the assistance button and the "calling home" function that transfers all the car data to headquarters, where it's put into a database that apps can then access via the API. WattCat and Remote both use that same API.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah just to reiterate this ... there are two SIMs in the car, one for optional infotainment stuff (in the center console) and one hidden one that does all the official communication, such as the assistance button and the "calling home" function that transfers all the car data to headquarters, where it's put into a database that apps can then access via the API. WattCat and Remote both use that same API.
I am aware of 2 Sims but it was very suspicious that both apps were working fine just moments before the switch to WiFi and then didn't work after - literally 15 minutes later. I drove the car and of course there was no login to WiFi when I returned home and the apps are working fine. I don't believe in coinsidence. WiFi and network were fine here. Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I successfully duplicated the error. I checked both apps and then connected the car to WiFi. Although both apps displayed fine, they would not update. The 'hidden' sim is what connects the car to the Jaguar server but the software of the sims may not be totally independent of each other. Interesting phenomenon and I'll keep checking.

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
I successfully duplicated the error. I checked both apps and then connected the car to WiFi. Although both apps displayed fine, they would not update. The 'hidden' sim is what connects the car to the Jaguar server but the software of the sims may not be totally independent of each other. Interesting phenomenon and I'll keep checking.
Ugh, that's disconcerting. Sure sounds like you found a bug ... or bad software design. Probably both. :surprise:

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
272 Posts
I can’t say for sure about all of the navigation components, but traffic data definitely does ride on the user SIM, not the built-in car sim. It doesn’t require a paid subscription though. If you haven’t paid and try to use the car’s WiFi you’ll end up hitting a captive portal asking you to purchase a subscription. It apparently allows traffic data to bypass the portal and continue to work though. To test that it is using the user SIM (even if you don’t have a subscription), remove it. The car will keep cached traffic info for a bit, but within 30 minutes it will be gone.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ugh, that's disconcerting. Sure sounds like you found a bug ... or bad software design. Probably both. [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/img]
I wonder if the car's inability to automatically login to WiFi is a bug or intentional. Perhaps the software developer saw this app update issue and deliberately programmed the system to work in this manner. Hmm....

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had this very issue. My center console screens went dead and the dealer did a software update to get the screens going. The InControl however never updated from just before the time the screens went dead. The map never updated, no departures or climate Start or journeys. It would show (twice over the month) that it connected to the server, but no data would update.

Dealer suggested all the log-in/out while standing on my left foot, holding two squirrels by their tails while facing East at sunrise, but no luck.

I went back into the dealer because of the gearbox control cable failure and they did the H264 update at the same time. Everything came back after that. So they may need to reload the software or something that involves squirrels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Service Procedure for Reconnecting Incontrol app to I-Pace

This procedure worked for me to reconnect my I-Pace to the Incontrol Mobile app, which was recommended to me by my dealer.

<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"">

1 - 20 of 20 Posts