Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

It’s official, I Pace 2019 World car of the year

5K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Mister Dave 
#1 ·
Discussion starter · #11 ·
Simple. You poach the best from your competitors by paying them more.
And this creates EXACTLY the problem we have now. They are all used to being overpaid, moving from job to job to make more, and there is a lack of dedicated engineers for tasks. And new ones coming up no longer want to learn the hard way, they just want to be "poached" over and over and make more and more money without having the commiserate skills or talent.

Trust me, I have dealt with this issue in a much smaller scale for at least the past 5 years.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
And, with all due respect you also missed out the most crucial word in my entire post. That word is BEST. No point in poaching non dedicated folk without the skills or talent obviously, but you head hunt the very best to lead your team(s) and you fill those teams with SE's and EE's who have proven talent, but maybe at a lower level of experience.
I got your point, but I'll repeat mine: what makes you think that if YOU poach the best that other companies won't do EXACTLY the same to you? You can try to one up them with higher salaries, more perks, etc. But this is exactly the problem. And this leads to lower level people starting to want the same thing without the talent.

None of which is really on topic anyway. I think I Pace's starting problem with the infotainment was choosing Windows based system for "ease of software" development, and there the whole thing was doomed. When I get home I will make my profile for the 4th time and see how long before they disappear on a reboot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.