Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new I-PACE MY21 with the wireless charging pad in the center console. Unfortunately it is not working, independent from the location on the pad. I tried with and without protection case in all possible positions. Sometimes it charges for 2-3 seconds but then it's over. Somebody here with the same behaviour?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Do you have the phone in a case? Some wireless chargers together with some phone cases don’t play well together.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried with an iPhone SE and iPhone 11 - both with case. No problem at all and they are charging. Only my new 12 Pro is obviously not working :unsure: Anybody here with a 12 Pro to reconfirm? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I’ve got a 12 Pro but my 2019 kitty has no wireless charging. I can confirm that my 12 Pro charges wirelessly at home just fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it must be something with the iPhone 12 devices (maybe the new magnet system in the iPhone 12 causes this problem) I hope there will be coming a software update soon. Hint! My iPhone 12 Pro charges when it is positioned with the upper front pointing to the driver in the very left down position of the charging-pad. It is a small area where the phone gets charged. Maybe you can try and send a feedback here!?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
I tried with an iPhone SE and iPhone 11 - both with case. No problem at all and they are charging. Only my new 12 Pro is obviously not working :unsure: Anybody here with a 12 Pro to reconfirm? Thanks!
My new 12 was not wirelessly charging in the car or at home. I was lucky to get an Apple Genius Bar appt on Friday 12/18/20 before Apple shut down all 53 California Apple stores and many others around the world :( Apple gave me a brand new 12 on the spot. This one works in the car and at home to wirelessly charge. Hard restarting the 12 will return wireless charging for a few days, but then the issue will return!

When I was there, they confirmed my new iPhone 12 would not inductive/wireless charge. There were TWO people next to me with the same problem with their 12s and the Apple Tech said I was the FOURTH person he had that day with iPhone 12 not charging. Sorry. It seems there is a problem with some 12s. We have two other iPhone 12s in our household, and they wireless charge just fine. It is random, but somewhat widespread.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Puh strange, I can charge without any problems on a pad at home without any restarting or other workarounds. Only in the I-PACE the problem shows up... Obvious a different story in my case...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I tried it in the meantime with an iPhone 12 Pro Max. and this model is not charging at all in the I-Pace. :( Something to fix from Jaguar...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Do the 2021 I-PACE with wireless charging also have wireless CarPlay? If not, why bother with wireless charging at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do the 2021 I-PACE with wireless charging also have wireless CarPlay? If not, why bother with wireless charging at all.
No Wireless Car Play in MY21 but I use a third party adapter over the USB connection which works great. No cables involved at all. Thats why charging wireless is very useful, if it would work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a fix for this. It is because the camera protrudes from the back of the phone resulting in it not lying flat on the charging pad so the wireless contact is not made. You need to have a wireless charging friendly case that flattens the back ie completely envelopes the camera casing. I bought this one on Amazon and it works a treat

·
Registered
711 Posts
No Wireless Car Play in MY21 but I use a third party adapter over the USB connection which works great. No cables involved at all. Thats why charging wireless is very useful, if it would work.
Got it. So basically, it's just the equivalent of this:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 12 pro max and it doesn’t work no matter what I do. My girlfriend has the 12 pro and has the same issue. Can you assure us that you actually have one or two pros that charge regularly with no issue? We’re trying to talk Apple into sending us replacements.

My new 12 was not wirelessly charging in the car or at home. I was lucky to get an Apple Genius Bar appt on Friday 12/18/20 before Apple shut down all 53 California Apple stores and many others around the world :( Apple gave me a brand new 12 on the spot. This one works in the car and at home to wirelessly charge. Hard restarting the 12 will return wireless charging for a few days, but then the issue will return!

When I was there, they confirmed my new iPhone 12 would not inductive/wireless charge. There were TWO people next to me with the same problem with their 12s and the Apple Tech said I was the FOURTH person he had that day with iPhone 12 not charging. Sorry. It seems there is a problem with some 12s. We have two other iPhone 12s in our household, and they wireless charge just fine. It is random, but somewhat widespread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any news, maybe informations from a dealer in the meantime?
I went to the local Jag dealer and they suggested they had one iPhone 12 their the charged whether it was placed left or right and whether the screen was on or not. They lifted up the rubber cover of the induction pad and claimed that the charging unit is in the right place dead of center. It still didn’t work with my phone. I asked Apple to send me another phone and after going through the entire migration process, still nothing. In fact, it might work a little worse as the other phone would charge for a few minutes. Are they literally only a handful of phones that somehow work?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts