Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday morning I happened to be showing someone the storage (or lack thereof) in the frunk. When I popped the hood, I noticed moisture on the plastic cover under the hood directly above the storage space. There was also moisture in the storage space as well. I'm in SoCal, and lately the temp's been in the high 40's overnight and quickly warms up in the day time to high 60's and even 70's with high humidity. There's dew and moisture on the car in the morning, but I was surprised to find it under the hood and in the storage compartment. I own a Model 3 as well, and have only used the front storage a couple times in the year and a half that I've owned that car, so I typically would never even open the hood to notice this. Maybe this is a normal thing, and I'll just make sure that I don't ever store anything in the frunk overnight that I don't want to get wet. Has anyone experienced this in high humidity areas? Is this something to be concerned about? I attached a couple of pics that I took of this yesterday.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
I just checked, mine is bone dry though there is some evidence of water having been in it previously, perhaps after a car wash or a particularly bad rain/drive. Had you ever opened it before? Perhaps it's "leftover" from a spirited car wash by your dealer, rather than rain. Do check for seal issues ...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Water does get in around the storage area, but not in the actual carpeted part.
I wash my car with high water pressure in that area, including the front grill to push the water through the opening in the hood and have never seen your problem

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I would be concerned with this. Water and moisture should NOT been in the carpeted area. The frunk is where a lot of people store the charge cable. I would show these pics to your dealer ASAP and demand/request a new front seal!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same issue when I took delivery of my car last January. Here is what I did to fix it. The dealer had my car cleaned quickly so I could take delivery that night. The car wash guys got a little crazy and got water into the frunk. Because it is usually humid in my area (Hilton Head, SC) the water vapor from the frunk will condense on the plastic above it and then drip back into the carpet area. Kinda like its own ECO system. Solution I took a hair dryer and dried the carpet in the frunk completely and issue has been gone for 12 months. Give this a try.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also had this issue when I first got my I-Pace 5 months ago. For me, there was condensation on the lid, but the carpets felt dry. I dried the lid and left the hood up for an hour. I haven't had the issue since then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, this sounds about right! I did a quick wipe of the carpeted area yesterday when I noticed the moisture, and this morning, there was less condensation on the plastic above. I just took delivery 3 days ago and was told they washed the car "thoroughly", since it had been sitting in a dirt lot. I must not have noticed the water in the frunk when I took delivery, and it's been condensing on the plastic above. I'll definitely try to dry it completely with a hair dryer tonight and see if that solves the problem. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I noticed it on my car after it was shipped to me. I too wiped it clean/used a blow dryer and it has been dry ever since I completely dried it off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, this sounds about right! I did a quick wipe of the carpeted area yesterday when I noticed the moisture, and this morning, there was less condensation on the plastic above. I just took delivery 3 days ago and was told they washed the car "thoroughly", since it had been sitting in a dirt lot. I must not have noticed the water in the frunk when I took delivery, and it's been condensing on the plastic above. I'll definitely try to dry it completely with a hair dryer tonight and see if that solves the problem. Thanks a lot!
Just to close the loop on this, I dried the carpeted area completely with a hair dryer for like 10 min, and the issue is gone! Thanks for everyone's input on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts