Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #61
To each his own I guess, but I have owned a car in 10 years that I would run through one of those car washes. Can't stand the swirl marks on the paint. Bought a foam cannon and just do it at home.
A modern quality car wash shouldn't leave swirl marks, especially if you always keep a coat of wax on it as I do. With that said, my kitty came new from the dealer with swirl marks. ;)

Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
A modern quality car wash shouldn't leave swirl marks, especially if you always keep a coat of wax on it as I do. With that said, my kitty came new from the dealer with swirl marks. ;)
馃檨 That's a shame.
Contactless washes should be ok. Personally I enjoy an early morning shampoo and rinse with kitty every few weeks.

Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
There is a very good contactless wash in Austin that I use occasionally where the car doesn't move through but the wash moves around it (Rudy's on 620 near Four Points for those that live here). That would solve the problem if you have one of those there, unless you prefer the touch method. After the wash from the machine I follow it up with a microfiber towel wipe down in the parking lot that takes maybe 10 minutes and the car is almost as clean as if I'd done a thorough home wash.

Registered
Most likely your dealer used an automatic car wash as a part of the "detail" for delivery. Mine was going to and I told them to skip it. Guy that did my Ceramic coating said never use those automatic car washes. The touchless ones are fine but not the ones with the spinning brushes. He has to buff all those swirl marks out before he can apply the coating.

Registered
Mazda RX-8
Most likely your dealer used an automatic car wash as a part of the "detail" for delivery. Mine was going to and I told them to skip it. Guy that did my Ceramic coating said never use those automatic car washes. The touchless ones are fine but not the ones with the spinning brushes. He has to buff all those swirl marks out before he can apply the coating.
My dealership does a hand wash on cars after service. I told them to skip it for me, especially after the ceramic coating.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts