Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been keenly interested in the I-Pace for about 18 months. But I'm fussy, so I've been looking for one that closely matches my specs. Accordingly, I constantly check Autotrader, and at least once a month I visit the websites of all of the Canadian dealers.

And I see the same cars, month after month, not selling. (Of course, many dealers simply refuse to carry them in inventory).

I think that the inventory of I-Paces in Canada may have shrunk by 20 in the past 18 months.

So I was astonished to see that according to the data on the Good Car Bad Car website JLR claims to have sold 116 of them in the past 18 months.

Bewildering...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve been watching stock too. But there’s a lot of cars that never make the inventory lists that only can be found going digging from dealer site to site. And they are disappearing. And that doesn’t include the ones that are sold as orders from the start. I don’t think there’s malfeasance. 118 in 18 months is 6-7 a month. Easily achievable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got mine a month ago in Ontario and it never reached a dealer site or autotrader. Like you I had been trolling autotrader almost daily looking for any interesting new listings for at least 18 months prior.

I had success by working with a guy at a JLR dealer. He has the clientele and knows when lease cars are coming in. I told him what I wanted and he gave me a heads up as cars came in. It didn't take too long before something juicy came in at a price point that worked so the deal was almost a no-brainer.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm curious to hear what our cars are going for coming off lease. My residual after 3 yr / 60k km is 48%. Purchase price at that time for me would be around 53k plus tax for fully loaded HSE. Wonder if that attract anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just as a reference; US new-inventory on Autotrader went from ~400-350 at the beginning of 2021 to ~10 by mid-July.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts