Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
No one means to be rude. I join forums for every car that I own and this one is up there with insightcentral in terms of helpful folks with a good attitude. I think that's a natural result of owning a low volume niche car; the enthusiasts stick together.

At this point, crappy JLR software and spotty service* is baked into the cake. If someone purchases an I Pace without considering these well-known factors, then that's kind of on them (not that JLR shouldn't do better, they absolutely should). If we come across as less than sympathetic, it's not because we lack empathy, it's because we're frogs in hot water on these points.

I understand that your issues went beyond the usual "quirks" and you are welcome to share your story. We need to know when major issues come up so we can be on the lookout with our own cars.

And this isn't to say that I have rose colored glasses when it comes to the I Pace. Because it's relatively rare where I live, I get questions about it all the time and I'm very careful to let people know that it is a great car for me and I list the potential issues.

The pushback that you sense on this forum is where some frustrated posters cross over from reporting problems and asking for help to advocating that the I Pace is an objectively horrible car. Many of us have had a wonderful ownership experience despite the fact the car has issues. Coming to this forum and implying that those of us who are happy with our I Pace are wrong is going to get some resistance.

* Oddly, it seems complaints about poor service from JLR is more common in the UK than here in the US.
I’m in Australia.
No one means to be rude. I join forums for every car that I own and this one is up there with insightcentral in terms of helpful folks with a good attitude. I think that's a natural result of owning a low volume niche car; the enthusiasts stick together.

At this point, crappy JLR software and spotty service* is baked into the cake. If someone purchases an I Pace without considering these well-known factors, then that's kind of on them (not that JLR shouldn't do better, they absolutely should). If we come across as less than sympathetic, it's not because we lack empathy, it's because we're frogs in hot water on these points.

I understand that your issues went beyond the usual "quirks" and you are welcome to share your story. We need to know when major issues come up so we can be on the lookout with our own cars.

And this isn't to say that I have rose colored glasses when it comes to the I Pace. Because it's relatively rare where I live, I get questions about it all the time and I'm very careful to let people know that it is a great car for me and I list the potential issues.

The pushback that you sense on this forum is where some frustrated posters cross over from reporting problems and asking for help to advocating that the I Pace is an objectively horrible car. Many of us have had a wonderful ownership experience despite the fact the car has issues. Coming to this forum and implying that those of us who are happy with our I Pace are wrong is going to get some resistance.

* Oddly, it seems complaints about poor service from JLR is more common in the UK than here in the US.
I’m in Australia

·
Registered
157 Posts
How rude! This is suppose to be a forum that discusses both good and bad points. Best thing I ever did was get rid of my IPace. Luved it until it failed me and Jaguar had no answers! Got my money back and bought a new car that I feel safe in!
I would argue that it's a form of rudeness to troll a forum dedicated to a product by misrepresenting your experiences with that product.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts