Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just need to vent to my fellow I-Pace owners...

I like the car quite a bit but I'm definitely second guessing my purchase at the moment.

Navigation through the car is horrible. I've been using Car Play more now, but even that today took forever to launch, then crashed the stereo and native map screen on the gauge cluster. Then Car Play became non-responsive - even after I unplugged the whole system was a mess.

The load times are obnoxious on this car. I would take slightly more battery use when parked for a system that was ready to go when I hopped in.

Why we don't have wireless Car Play is also beyond me.

The next irritation is probably my own fault - the 22" wheels... They look great... They're pretty rough on the road though..

As I've said before, I'm coming from a '16 X5 Diesel. In that I only had to fill up every ~400 miles or. In the I-Pace, with 500 miles on it, I've had to charge 3-4 times as I knew even with 50% left, I would most likely need more due to the loss of charge in the colder weather. While this just means plugging in at home, I actually think the cost to "fuel" the I-Pace might be MORE than my diesel X5...

In fact, while the I-Pace and the X5 are priced similarly, I think the ride and refinement is more on par with an X3 the more I think about it...

I chose the I-Pace because I wanted something environmentally friendly, fun and comfortable. The infotainment system is crushing my experience with the car and making me focus on all the other small items - like the slightly rough ride.

/end rant (for now).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love my 22" wheels. Set 'em for light load. Nav has been flawless. Set your home screen correctly and infotainment is fine. Don't understand the fuss.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, did you, too, have Navigation issues and, if so, how did you solve them? Apparently, Jaguar doesn't know how!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,303 Posts
Well, I can't relate to all your issues but I certainly can re the Navigation System. It is THE worst we've ever owned. It is interesting that our previous Jaguar, a 2010 XJL's Nav had ZERO Problems, This one in our 2019 I-Pace is absolutely AWFUL. We're had it back to our dealer multiple times requesting a "fix" and, even though our Service Rep couldn't get it to locate multiple addresses that are between 10 and 30 years old, he had no solution to our problems. And, each of us has excellent diction and we both spoke slowly and clearly. It couldn't even find the address of the Jag dealership! Nor could it locate the homes of some of his friends or family. In most other respects, we love our I-Pace. What a shame that Jaguar just can't seem to solve what seem to be readily soluble issues. When we're ready for our next EV, it isn't likely to be a Jag. From all I can read right now, the upcoming Lucid, starting in the low $70Ks looks to be a very viable choice. Motor Trend Magazine has tested its earliest models and gave those vehicles RAVE reviews. But, if it's not a Lucid or some other brand, as I said, it is highly unlikely to be a Jag.
Previously, it had been noted that one "feature" of the navigation system is that the car must be set to US English (for a driver in the US) for all language settings in the car in order for it to properly work. I don't know if this is still true after several updates have been applied.

It is a bit picky about the sequence of spoken words for input. I found (today) that it is best to have it speak prompts, wait a second or two of silence, then speak the appropriate response to the prompt. Addresses are harder to input than to select a POI from its prompting. It isn't nearly as good as my 16 RR for voice input, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Previously, it had been noted that one "feature" of the navigation system is that the car must be set to US English (for a driver in the US) for all language settings in the car in order for it to properly work. I don't know if this is still true after several updates have been applied.

It is a bit picky about the sequence of spoken words for input. I found (today) that it is best to have it speak prompts, wait a second or two of silence, then speak the appropriate response to the prompt. Addresses are harder to input than to select a POI from its prompting. It isn't nearly as good as my 16 RR for voice input, though.
Yes, changing the setting from English (as in British) to English (as in American!) is still required according to our service rep. And, thanks for the tips but I've tried the pauses between providing the street number, the city, and the state, plus pausing a couple of seconds between my other responses and it still doesn't work. FRUSTRATING! So my wife just gets on her cell and asks "Sori" or "Tori" or whatever his name is (Ha!) and he navigates us to the correct destination without fail!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts