Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
My 2019 Ipace charging keeps tripping and does not add any miles
Thanks for the video! Is the car or charger new? Have you successfully charged prior to the video? Try charging with the Jaguar-provided charger. My level 2 system did not charge after the car received a software update. I tried the Jaguar charger and the car started charging. After 30 minutes I unplugged the Jaguar charger and plugged in the level 2 charger and the car charged just fine. I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry you are having issues.

Have you tried other chargers, either the low power Jaguar one that comes with the car, or another L2 or L3 charger somewhere else? That would help figure out if it is the car or your charger.

Does your charger have an app that might provide more diagnostics? I've had my charger fail and the app was able to report the issue. It turned out to be a twitchy ground fault protection circuit in the charger.

If you have tried other L2 chargers and they all failed, then have you tried a DC fast charger? That uses a different circuit in the car so that would help narrow down the issue.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry you are having issues.

Have you tried other chargers, either the low power Jaguar one that comes with the car, or another L2 or L3 charger somewhere else? That would help figure out if it is the car or your charger.

Does your charger have an app that might provide more diagnostics? I've had my charger fail and the app was able to report the issue. It turned out to be a twitchy ground fault protection circuit in the charger.

If you have tried other L2 chargers and they all failed, then have you tried a DC fast charger? That uses a different circuit in the car so that would help narrow down the issue.

Good luck!

yes i have tried other charges like charpoint and Electrify America but i see the same issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the video! Is the car or charger new? Have you successfully charged prior to the video? Try charging with the Jaguar-provided charger. My level 2 system did not charge after the car received a software update. I tried the Jaguar charger and the car started charging. After 30 minutes I unplugged the Jaguar charger and plugged in the level 2 charger and the car charged just fine. I haven't had a problem since.
yes this is fine for last 1year ( charger and car was charging fine for last one year)

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
628 Posts
Sounds like you have tried all the varieties of chargers. Sorry to say it sounds like a car problem.

What has your dealership said?

One last thing to consider: Is the charging cable locking into the charging port. Do you hear it lock? Can you removed the charger after locking the car? If so, the locking pin is broken and the charging port needs to be repaired.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like you have tried all the varieties of chargers. Sorry to say it sounds like a car problem.

What has your dealership said?

One last thing to consider: Is the charging cable locking into the charging port. Do you hear it lock? Can you removed the charger after locking the car? If so, the locking pin is broken and the charging port needs to be repaired.
yes it is locking and dealer ship does not know what is wrong

·
Registered
798 Posts
i have a level 2 Juicenet charger
I understand that you have a Juicenet charger. Have you tried other chargers? Sometimes a car will not charge on a level 2 system but will charge on level 1 or level 3. If you can charge on a different system the problem might be with your charger and not with the car.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes i have tried other charges like charpoint and Electrify America but i see the same issue.
I'd try, as a last thing, the 120v charger that came with the car, but it really looks like it is a car issue. If they can't charge it at the dealer, then they have to deal with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2019 not long after purchase. At first, it would intermittently/randomly stop charging and soon after, would not charge at all. This behavior was the same regardless of whether I tried charing at home or on public destination or fast chargers. One time the car said there was a charging fault and wouldn't allow me to start the engine for several hours until the condition/code cleared itself.

I was able to get the thing to the dealership where they spent 2 months diagnosing and fixing what turned out to be a faulty charging port. Pray you don't have to wait as long as I did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts