Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I’ve conducted on InTouch Nav maps update since owning my 2019 iPace. I used a USB storage device to receive the data from my PC and transfer it to the on-board vehicle Nav. Now, as I’m preparing to take care of another update, I find the instructions are directing me to remove the SD Card from the car; plug it into my computer (I don’t think I even have an SD Card port); and then return the card to the car. ?? Does anyone know if the function can still be completed with a USB device? Would really appreciate being pointed to the instruction site, if able. I don’t know what changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think you have to remove the SD card. Just do it as before. I'd like to know why this doesn't happen over-the-air automatically. Seems to be something that should occur automatically as long as our subscription to the service is still valid...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Do the same process as before using USB.

The instructions you're reading come from the navigation system. The same navigation system is used on multiple Jaguar cars from multiple model years and other models have an SD card that gets the map. The I-pace does not have the SD card system.

·
Registered
499 Posts
How can I tell if I have the latest Navigation update(s)? When I drop off my car at the dealer to have "all software updates" made, I don't expect them to leave any for me... Already almost inexcusable these are not SOTA-updatable.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
How can I tell if I have the latest Navigation update(s)? When I drop off my car at the dealer to have "all software updates" made, I don't expect them to leave any for me... Already almost inexcusable these are not SOTA-updatable.
You would need to look at the version in the car versus what is available.
Currently the only software versions the end user can look at are infotainment, telematics, nav and if your car is current, BCM. But there are dozens more you have no visibility of...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Navigation software and map versions can be displayed. Bring up navigation, then touch the settings "gears" icon, touch the "navigation settings", then scroll to "about".
For reference my software version is 2019BX.3-9209.

I have the latest map update that can be found at jaguar.here.com

Also, there's a message pop around the end or beginning of a month prompting you to get the latest map. Map updates are published monthly.

At 9-10 GB per month, I don't think I'd want to have that come via SOTA. SOTA would have to be using a true 5G network to get it fast enough during a time when the car is on.
The transfer from a true USB 3.0/3.1 flash drive takes 10-15 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts