Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Whelp, looks like this has just happened to me, just in time for November.

not sure if it is my imagination but the seat heaters might still be working weakly. She goes in Thursday for assessment. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Word is back,

Heater module to be replaced, and the park actuator recall to be done. I am told 3-5 days and I'll have the car back but I was not offered a complimentary demo for my troubles. sigh.

They also said my SOTA is working but I need to check for the available updates in the car and then press the button to initiate the install. I believe this is incorrect as I thought the whole point of SOTA updates was for Jaguar to "push" updates out? anyone care to clarify?

cheers!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
For SOTA to work it must be activated in TOPIx for Infotainment and TCU updates prior to 2021 model year. Sometimes the dealer needs to tell it to update the car too. The updates will show up on the car automatically after that because the car checks for them about 50 seconds after the TCU connection is made to the cellular network.

What updates are you expecting?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Word is back,

Heater module to be replaced, and the park actuator recall to be done. I am told 3-5 days and I'll have the car back but I was not offered a complimentary demo for my troubles. sigh.

They also said my SOTA is working but I need to check for the available updates in the car and then press the button to initiate the install. I believe this is incorrect as I thought the whole point of SOTA updates was for Jaguar to "push" updates out? anyone care to clarify?

cheers!
I am not sure of the frequency, but you can either check for updates explicitly by checking for updates in the software update pane of the settings pane, or accept to start the update if the car checks on its own and notifies you an update is available. This is because yo need to agree to keep the car running during the update process (I think?) so they ned some cooperation from the driver to complete the process.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Gents,

Let's be clear, I am not whining or complaining about the SOTA. I have read about other users' experiences here saying they awoke to notifications updates had been pushed to them with this and that update. I have WIFI connected my car to my house when in range and I have the ongoing mobile data as well but I haven't ever gotten any notifications that updates were waiting or complete or anything at all, so I thought it was weird and I thought I had an older version of the software where SOTA was not activated. Whenever I went in to the software manually prior it always told me the car was "up to date" but I also had version 15 on there from november '21 for a while. I just want to be sure I know what is going on as my car was not behaving the same way as others have reported. I have everything "on" and "activated" so I am not sure what's up.

The dealer said they found updates waiting to be installed so I'm pretty confused. I get a lot of weird questions when I ask about the software with the service advisors and I am not sure why.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
Hi Gents,

Let's be clear, I am not whining or complaining about the SOTA. I have read about other users' experiences here saying they awoke to notifications updates had been pushed to them with this and that update. I have WIFI connected my car to my house when in range and I have the ongoing mobile data as well but I haven't ever gotten any notifications that updates were waiting or complete or anything at all, so I thought it was weird and I thought I had an older version of the software where SOTA was not activated. Whenever I went in to the software manually prior it always told me the car was "up to date" but I also had version 15 on there from november '21 for a while. I just want to be sure I know what is going on as my car was not behaving the same way as others have reported. I have everything "on" and "activated" so I am not sure what's up.

The dealer said they found updates waiting to be installed so I'm pretty confused. I get a lot of weird questions when I ask about the software with the service advisors and I am not sure why.
I'm sure you know that Infotainment, BECM and TCU are the only modules that can get SOTA in the pre-MY21s. Was the dealer referring to other modules?

It also took a dealer going into TOPIx and moving the slider to enable SOTA in general, and click the icon buttons to actually push out the pieces of software. This latter step seems to be true for each TCU update. I've had to ask for it twice to get the TCU updates. The TCU needs to be to at least 16.2 (per JLR) to get SOTA to work, although it did work with 14.2 in practice for most cars.

Back in 19, Jaguar pestered me with emails repeatedly telling me how to get SOTA for the Infotainment. It didn't work. I always got the "up to date" message. I had to take mine to a dealer, they tried, then they spent a week going through various other steps with Pathfinder at JLR direction to get the Infotainment update to install. They verbally claimed an antenna had to be replaced. There was no notation of this on the service receipt.

So maybe TOPIx hasn't been setup properly for your car, or the updates are not set up to be sent to your car, or there is a hardware issue that is giving the "up to date" message erroneously (like I had).

Yes, I agree with the thoughts of many that dealers should not have to go into TOPIx for each car. They have a lot of other things to do than to check each car that they know about. JLR should have done this at the corporate level.

·
Registered
223 Posts
HI Ayepace,

yes, I do know that for sure about what updates are provided through SOTA. I appreciate you weighing in - sorry if my questions were frustrating. I logged in to TOPix and didn't find anything useful there, aside from the pending recall that is being done right now, anyway. I don't have permissions to read or view any of the documents. My software had been stuck on version 15.2 forever.

update: there was basically no delay for the parts to come in so it looks like they might just hit their prediction of 3 to 5 days to turn this around.

·
Registered
223 Posts
okkkkkkk so I got the car back late last week. The repair was complete but there was an issue once they got everything buttoned up, so I had to wait a bit before they would release it back to me. I then had to wait on the paperwork to confirm the extent of the work.

confirmed the entire front wiring harness has been replaced as part of the recall and the replacement of the high voltage coolant heater. all done under warranty and it is/was a $6k job.

she is back and I couldnt be happier. I guess this makes her a keeper now. boom!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts