Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've had my ipace for over a year and no problems until a week ago when I noticed there us no Hest output from the ventilation only fold air, annoying ad weather turns colder.
The dealer can't inspect the car for 3 weeks
Everything else Including heated seats working
Anyone else come across this issue and what could be the problem?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,093 Posts
Some cars have experienced failures of the high voltage coolant heater, or it had a temporary fault that caused it to require being reset/unlocked. Service bulletin SSM75185 covers this topic. It does cause a loss of heating from the HVAC system.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My I Pace also suffered a failure of the cabin heating system. It turns out that the high voltage interior heater failed and needed to be replaced and not just reset/unlocked. In addition to a new heater unit, they also are replacing part of the plumbing with an updated part. I'm not sure if that means the heater has been upgraded as well.

In any event, there has been a significant delay in getting the parts (especially the updated plumbing) because that's the dark timeline we find ourselves in and they have just arrived after I reported the problem over a month ago. Fortunately I'm in Florida* and it has not been a big deal to drive without cabin heat and the heated seats have been sufficient on cool mornings.

Over on the UK forum, this heater failure and the long wait time for replacement parts has been a much more common issue. In the last week or so there have been posts that the parts are arriving for folks in Europe who have this problem, so I guess whatever supply chain bottleneck was causing the delay has eased up a bit.

* A phrase you don't often hear unironically.

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
24 Posts
Our MY21 I-PACE also has a HV heater failure. The I-PACE groups are full of people with cars that have the same issue, I've even seen two brand new cars delivered with the fault. Reset doesn't fix it (I had Jaguar Assist out who reset and updated ours to no avail) so it's been sat in the dealers for 2 weeks now.

The replacement part is on back order with no ETA. I've seen several people that have been waiting 6 weeks or more for their car to be repaired. It's not a part unique to the I-PACE, it's made by Webasto in Germany and is used across several other models and brands and they all seem to suffer with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies
So my car went in for repair on 2nd December and the fault was indeed identified as a HV heater
I have only just recived the car back after a month because of delays in obtaining the part.
The dealer advised me that they are waiting for the same part for 2 other cars.
As this is such a common fault, I cant understand why Jaguar cannot be proactive and ensure that dealerships have this part in stock so that repairs can be turned around in a couple of days rather then 1 month.
Jaguar also ended up having to pay for my rental car as part of the warranty cover . This is expensive for them and also a nusiance for the customer who has to drive a much lower spec car .
the dealer was unable to say whether this new replacement heater has faults ironed out and less likely to fail. Previous posts mention that brand new cars are failing and this suggests that the new part is at the same risk of failing.
I would not be inclined to keep this otherwise lovely car beyond the warrenty period

Our MY21 I-PACE also has a HV heater failure. The I-PACE groups are full of people with cars that have the same issue, I've even seen two brand new cars delivered with the fault. Reset doesn't fix it (I had Jaguar Assist out who reset and updated ours to no avail) so it's been sat in the dealers for 2 weeks now.

The replacement part is on back order with no ETA. I've seen several people that have been waiting 6 weeks or more for their car to be repaired. It's not a part unique to the I-PACE, it's made by Webasto in Germany and is used across several other models and brands and they all seem to suffer with it.

The poblem d

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I've had my ipace for over a year and no problems until a week ago when I noticed there us no Hest output from the ventilation only fold air, annoying ad weather turns colder.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
This heater problem is becoming a complete shambles. I too am awaiting a replacement since December with no sign of when it may arrive and no courtesy cars available because "there are so many Jaguars awaiting parts". It is apparently a 4 day fit when it does arrive. I asked my dealer for the car back whilst I wait and he now tells me they cannot release the car as the heater fault is a fire risk. Appalling customer service which Jaguar should be ashamed of.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Same thing has happened to me. It’s been 5 weeks now with “the part is on back order with no ETA” statement from jaguar although they have provided a Landrover Sport as a replacement. Still not happy as I want my i pace fixed. I assume it has a chip in the heater and thas why it’s taking so long.

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
24 Posts
Same thing has happened to me. It’s been 5 weeks now with “the part is on back order with no ETA” statement from jaguar although they have provided a Landrover Sport as a replacement. Still not happy as I want my i pace fixed. I assume it has a chip in the heater and thas why it’s taking so long.
Yup afraid so. The issue with the faulty ones is a delaminating PCB.

Webasto make these for several vehicle manufacturers and they are all suffering with the issue. Hence the high demand and they can’t keep up.

What is disappointing is that new cars are still being built and delivered. Usually breakdowns take priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally managed to get a courtesy car (also a clonky Landrover Sport) and the technician told me that they have six with the same fault in their dealership alone and there are over 500 Nationwide. Someone at JLR finally had the gumption to call me to apologise, but could give no indication whatever when the parts might be available. He claimed the part on new cars is different which is why they are not taken off the line. I'm not sure I believe that.

Anyhow, I was intending to buy a new I-Pace in 2022, but I have just ordered a new, fully-loaded EV6 instead. I really wish I didn't have to as I want to support JLR, but this service is just dreadful. Delivery is not until July, so it will be interesting to see if I get my I-Pace back before then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup afraid so. The issue with the faulty ones is a delaminating PCB.

Webasto make these for several vehicle manufacturers and they are all suffering with the issue. Hence the high demand and they can’t keep up.

What is disappointing is that new cars are still being built and delivered. Usually breakdowns take priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As soon as mine is fixed I am going to sell it and go on the waiting list for a bmw i4 . Probably will have to wait until jan next year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our's failed at around 500 miles having taken delivery of our MY'22 in late January. Dropped it off Feb 6 (they let us have it back when there was no ETA on the heater replacement part)(and thank goodness after what happened with gas prices).

We just got a call this morning our heater replacement arrived and is ready to install. 'Only' five weeks! :LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still waiting for mine to be repaired only 9 weeks so far now driving a Range Rover sport which does 14 mpg around town and 30mpg on a long run but should be reimbursed for all the fuel I am using.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it is any consolation, I got my iPace back after ten weeks with a new heater fitted. Supplies are beginning to come through. JLR have also offered to pay for all the diesel used in the loan car and a decent 'Goodwill' gesture.

·
Registered
5 Posts

You are lucky. I have been waiting for 12 weeks now for my heater to be repaired and still no eta for the parts. Will never have another Jaguar.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Just be aware that the problem is with the part supplier not Jaguar. This part supplier supplies parts to other manufacturers too. You have just as much likelihood of experiencing this failure on other brands. The part supplier obviously did poor testing has less than stellar quality control.

Jaguar's CEO should be taking them to task and getting reimbursed for repairs. He'd do a lot more good for the company by pressing the suppliers for better parts than to reduce his customer base by taking the brand as far upscale as he plans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Thanks
Mine is now 6 months old and weather in UK has got a bit chilly, put heating on and nothing but cold air! Jaguar assist sent AA and shows a sensor fault. Having looked this is not an isolated issue and now have 80k car not useable in cold weather!!

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Mine is now 6 months old and weather in UK has got a bit chilly, put heating on and nothing but cold air! Jaguar assist sent AA and shows a sensor fault. Having looked this is not an isolated issue and now have 80k car not useable in cold weather!!
Does Jaguar offer sweaters and parkas on their clothing collection site there? Maybe they are trying to cross sell items. :)

Hopefully it is an easy fix and not a HV heater replacement type fix that requires removing the traction battery.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not sure if this is still the case in the US, as laws change every day. Heaters came as an accessory to defrosters. Defrosters were required by Federal Law. If that is still true, it would be illegal to allow a car with a failed defroster on the road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts