Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2020 iPace and put on a 7kw charger for 4 hours. When I returned to the car, unplugged and got in to drive the A/C would only blow very hot air. Where I live it is 107 degrees today. Tried everything I could on the system to get to an A/C mode and nothing worked. The A/C worked fine before I used the charger. Put on modes Auto, Max A/C and A/C and not luck. Any suggestions from Jaguar or members of the forum???

·
Super Moderator
2,346 Posts
Steve, welcome! Let it sit locked overnight and see if it goes away.

On another note ... do you by any chance have a charger that logs the charging rate and gives you a plot of the charging rate as a function of time?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On another note ... do you by any chance have a charger that logs the charging rate and gives you a plot of the charging rate as a function of time?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a similar issue just 3 days ago.

Purchased new 4 months ago, up to 5k miles, never had a problem with AC. Suddenly 2 days ago, it blew hot air all day (in 105 degree weather) despite messing with all the settings/turning on and off the car/charging it to full/etc.

Woke up the next day, and it's back to normal. Very strange. I'll update if further issues occur.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For some VIN's, there was a technical service bulletin about the AC not working correctly. My car just got back from 2 trips to the shop for the AC shutting off after 15 minutes. The fix was finally discovered to be a leaking Schrader valve. I just got it back yesterday, so hopefully that is the final fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased a 2020 iPace and put on a 7kw charger for 4 hours. When I returned to the car, unplugged and got in to drive the A/C would only blow very hot air. Where I live it is 107 degrees today. Tried everything I could on the system to get to an A/C mode and nothing worked. The A/C worked fine before I used the charger. Put on modes Auto, Max A/C and A/C and not luck. Any suggestions from Jaguar or members of the forum???
This happened to me multiple times on a long road trip. It seems that when I drive for a long distance down and then stop to super charge, the AC starts blowing hot air. I saw in another forum that the AC will not work if the car is overheated. One suggestion was to leave the preconditioning on while the car is charging to keep the battery cool. But of course, that slows the charging pace if you are in a rush.

This should not happen and Jaguar should install a software fix for this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
See other thread I just updated. Had the same issue for weeks and now apparently fixed. Wasn’t software but bonafide leak it seems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts