Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 23k miles on my 20” tires a d they are beginning to fall apart. Literally rubber is falling off the tires. Anyone else seeing this ? Reminds me of the Ford and Bridgestone tires 20 years ago

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you have the Goodyear tires?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the same milage and my Goodyears are holding up really well. What kind of environment are you in?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking car to dealer tomorrow no car should have such damage to tires driving in city traffic.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the 'advantage' of living in the Great White North --- so a few months of winter rubber (Continental Contact 7) then a few months of Goodyear Eagles. So far, not much wear on either.
I drive a 2019 HSE with nearly 20,000km.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Taking car to dealer tomorrow no car should have such damage to tires driving in city traffic.
Yeah, that's messed up.

I'm at 23,661 miles in the same hot humid climate (central Florida). When I lived in the desert SW, I had tires dry rot and deteriorate like you describe on a vehicle that was not driven regularly and parked in the sun.

This picture of one of my tires was taken on 12/22:

IMG_1515.jpeg

The only issue I've had is that I needed to get the Goodyears rebalanced in the last year, but the wear and performance has been fine. I was actually planning on staying with the OEM tires when it was time to replace them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jaguar dealer looked at car today and said the damage to tires is caused my all 4 wheels being misaligned. That is such nonsense how does a car with 20k miles need wheel alignment? I looked in manual there is nothing about alignment checks. Plus they want $2k for new tires. Nothing is covered under warranty. $300 for alignment on new first addition ipace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a similar issue with Goodyear tires on my 2017 f pace. I ended up going to a Goodyear dealer and they considered it a warranty defect. Got all four tires replaced free.

I also ended up paying about 25 bucks per tire for their road hazard warranty that would cover all four tires in the case of any defect.

I see that your post was from 5 months ago and this is a little late to the party, but just in case you haven't dealt with it yet....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I managed to get only 18,000 out of the Goodyears on my 2019 IPace. While the rear tires could have gone another few thousand, I decided it was easier just to replace all 4. I do a fair amount of mountain-type driving, so that accounts for some of the wear. The weight of any BEV is an issue. I was lucky to get 25k miles on my previous Tesla, so I wasn't surprised this time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that’s unacceptable, these are 50k tires and they should last that long. I rotate tires like clock work and they should not be falling apart.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If your tires last 20k miles, you're driving this car wrong! They should last more like 15k.

Reactions: TheBook

·
Registered
673 Posts
Are Pirelli Scorpions better than the Goodyear in the 20 inch wheels? The 18" OEM tires are Scorpions. I have since upgraded to 20 inch Velar wheels that came with Scorpions also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts