Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stephen Holmes here. Ordered a 2022 Aruba with the 22” wheels and the black pack in late June. I was originally told to expect it here in Honolulu sometime in January 2022, then that was changed to November 2021, and then changed to December 2021 most recently. My guess is I won’t see it until March, given the chip shortage and the additional transit time to Hawaii, but perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.
This will be my first Jag, but I grew up in a family that had a succession of beautiful XJ6L cars. They are still my ideal of what a luxury sedan should look and drive like.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is no MY2021 in NoAm. JLR decided to skip that model here. Unfortunately there is no major (not at all ?) difference between MY2021 and MY2022.
Bolloré (JLR boss) is supposed to drive a IPace on a daily basis. I am expecting some changes in the future. He said that the IPace will last at least a couple of years. A faster DC charger will be welcome, at least. That would be my #1 request. My second would be a better aerodynamic and therefore a better consumption for a better range. Magna has already proven that they know what to do to get better performance and already integrated their elements in the IPace more than a year ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is no MY2021 in NoAm. JLR decided to skip that model here. Unfortunately there is no major (not at all ?) difference between MY2021 and MY2022.
Bolloré (JLR boss) is supposed to drive a IPace on a daily basis. I am expecting some changes in the future. He said that the IPace will last at least a couple of years. A faster DC charger will be welcome, at least. That would be my #1 request. My second would be a better aerodynamic and therefore a better consumption for a better range. Magna has already proven that they know what to do to get better performance and already integrated their elements in the IPace more than a year ago.
Jaguar Brampton had a 2021 HSE on the lot for about six months, but that's the only MY21 that I have seen evidence of in North America.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You're not the only HI owner. Sorry the wait is so long. It took forever to get our Model Y to Maui.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally received my I-Pace on Tuesday and it’s a beauty. Just finished a circle island drive (a bit less than 100 miles), with the driving assist features on and I’m smiling from ear to ear. 😀

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve seen three for sure, but I’m sure there are a few more. I have to say, it feels nice standing out and not being just one more white Tesla. ☺

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! My neighbor, who is a sales manager at a local Honda dealer, just ran down to my house and declared it the best looking car he’d ever seen ☺

·
Administrator
3,154 Posts
Wooow. That's a fabulous overall look. Do you have a strategy to keep the light insight surfaces clean or are you just super careful? I myself couldn't do it but I'm always wowed by the light interiors. And the paint looks fantastic too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is something I am worried about. The tan interior option just didn’t seem right for the Aruba exterior and I wanted a change from the all-black interior of my previous car, so Oyster was where I ended up. Perhaps my strategy will be to slap anyone who tries to get in who isn’t me.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
After 3 years my oyster interior which is the same as yours is perfect. Just use some leather cleaner if dirt and grime ever appear. The only thing to look out for is sunscreen bleeding into the leather and color transfer from wet clothes. Now you know so just enjoy the best handling car you have ever owned!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,008 Posts
Keep well stocked on booties to cover shoes, disposable gloves and masks, and Tyvek (or equivalent) suits for protection.
Post a sign for no eating or drinking allowed.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Congrats! Love that Aruba color with the light interior. Seems like a pearl color to me in the photos.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
162 Posts
The two tone interior looks amazing. What range are you getting in Hawaii? It's pretty cold here but I seem to be getting around 240miles of range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t feel I’ve got a good read on the range yet as I plug it in each night to bring the SoC back to 80%. Our island is so small that range wasn’t a concern for me so I ordered the giant electron-eating 22” wheels. I doubt I will match your 240 mile range. I did a 97-mile circle island drive yesterday and the Journey tab in the Jaguar Remote app tells me I consumed 30.3kWh/100mi and generated 5.9 kWh. That will probably be pretty indicative of the future, as it was a nice mix of highway and stop/go traffic.

·
Administrator
3,154 Posts
Let's conservatively say that your battery has 82kWh capacity, the 30.3kWh/100mi means your range would be 82/30.3 * 100 miles = 270 miles. Nice. Your very favorable ambient temperatures and the not-super-high speeds of an island circle drive, plus perhaps a light-footed approach, conspire to give you an outstanding range. 🍺

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.