Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
586 Posts
Have the wife lock the car and walk away for 1 hour.
Unlock the car with the fob while listening for the charge door to unlock and a similar noise for the charge port actuator to "unlock".
Connect the charger. She should hear the charge port actuator lock the charger to the car. If not, there's a problem (possibly a stuck locking actuator pin).
Wait a few seconds and both the car and charger should indicate charging. If not, it is either the charger or the car (obviously).

Do you know anyone else with an EV and charger? Could you try using their charger to determine if the problem is your charger or the car?

If the car charges with DCFC then the problem is most likely with the Chargepoint charger although some have had rare instances of AC charging failing and DC charging working.

A stuck actuator locking pin might get unstuck with iterations of locking/unlocking the car without the cable attached.
Alternatively try the Granny charger that came with the car.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update... I was able to charge at local dealer's DCFC, but only to 86% ?? Then came home and it added another 4 mi then stopped. The next day added more but stopped at 93% (again, on my home Chargepoint). Not really sure what's up. Going to try another local Level 2 charger this week. Knowing I can go to the DCFC at the dealer (5 mi away) is keeping me from taking it in just yet... Biggest question is how do I "update" my ChargePoint firmware to 5.3.4.30 ??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Update... I was able to charge at local dealer's DCFC, but only to 86% ?? Then came home and it added another 4 mi then stopped. The next day added more but stopped at 93% (again, on my home Chargepoint). Not really sure what's up. Going to try another local Level 2 charger this week. Knowing I can go to the DCFC at the dealer (5 mi away) is keeping me from taking it in just yet... Biggest question is how do I "update" my ChargePoint firmware to 5.3.4.30 ??
5.3.4.27 Is older firmware. You have the latest one, but if you call CP Support at 888-758-4389 they will push the update to your charger

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
5.3.4.27 Is older firmware. You have the latest one, but if you call CP Support at 888-758-4389 they will push the update to your charger
Thanks, called the number, got foreign (European accent?) sounding woman who could not initiate the software push, but created a ticket to do so. Fingers crossed... fortunately not much driving this week.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks, called the number, got foreign (European accent?) sounding woman who could not initiate the software push, but created a ticket to do so. Fingers crossed... fortunately not much driving this week.
I love the CP chargers and service. The app makes tracks your pubic charging all in one interface, support always answers the calls with no hold.

Maybe the standard level 1 plug until the CP issue gets resolved

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE. Based on my phone request, Chargepoint must have pushed out firmware to my home station, now on 5.3.4.30 and charging normally (last night and today, no intermittent stops). Thanks #PS702 and all those who offered suggestions. I would have never guessed it was the home station charging firmware!

·
Registered
675 Posts
UPDATE. Based on my phone request, Chargepoint must have pushed out firmware to my home station, now on 5.3.4.30 and charging normally (last night and today, no intermittent stops). Thanks #PS702 and all those who offered suggestions. I would have never guessed it was the home station charging firmware!
Updates are normally pushed to Chargepoint Home Flex if it is internet connected.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Now this is getting serious/problematic. No matter what I do I can't get any more charge... got home at 5pm today and every attempt to get started charging results in "Initializing". 23% full with 48 mi on GOM. Took it out for a spin just now, came home, plugged back in. "Initializing" for 15 min and still going, no miles added.

Any ideas welcome. Again, I've driven an I-Pace and used this ChargePoint charger since Dec 2018 - never had anything like this occur. Not sure whether recent I-Pace updates (several weeks ago) or ChargePoint software update is to blame. Now I'll have to take the ICE vehicle in the morning, call dealer Monday. :-(
We had that same problem. After four trips tp the dealer they finally replaced the BCCM. That fixed the problem.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We had that same problem. After four trips tp the dealer they finally replaced the BCCM. That fixed the problem.
ChargePoint's update to 5.3.4.30 seems to have fixed mine. In fact I just got a follow up email from them. I explained that several other I-Pace owners had experienced this issue and reported the firmware upgrade resolved it. Much easier than a trip to dealer for new BCCM. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
53 Posts
The ChargePoint agent I just talked with CONFIRMED the 5.3.4.30 pushed firmware update corrects this known issue. Long live the I-Pace.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts