1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My i-Pace 2020 now does those the following:

Disabled Software updates
Font Rectangle Screenshot Electronic device Display device

The large fan under the hood now spins up loudly when my level 2 charger is plugged in

The doors auto-lock - they used to not do that in the garage during any activity. Now every activity the car lights turn off (as expected) and the doors lock 15 seconds later.

I have not done anything other than update the phone and try to manage the car with the new app.
I have opened a ticket with Jaguar USA, but in case anyone else has these problems, or if you have others...

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
The fan can do that if the battery needs heating or cooling for optimal charging. I doubt it is related to the app. There are probably other factors involved.

Auto relocking will occur if at least one door isn't opened within 45 seconds of unlocking. Are you sure this isn't what is happening?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none of these things occured in three years owning 2 iPaces. they only started happening 3 hours ago - the only thing that is different is I deleted v1 because it no longer worked and installed v2 and connected it to my car.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't think it is related to the app.
I already have seen similar "problem" with fan and charging on other vehicule (Leaf) when there is a issue with the temperature sensor. In this case, it is a defensive mode when the car starts the fan, just in case, to protect itself, without trustable info from the sensor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ust an update for anyone that might see the same issue. I had more time to test everything out.

When I get back from a trip and pull into the garage, the doors stay unlocked for eternity. That is normal behavior.
When I then use the new app to lock the car, then unlock it, the car auto-locks if I don't get in it. This takes about 30 seconds.
If I then use my keys to unlock it, it will auto-lock the car after 30 seconds.
So to get expected behavior when I get home, I won't use the lock feature within the app.

The fan still comes on when I plug it in. I am not sure if that is related to the next discovery.

My software screen came back to life and I could see the version and check for updates. So weird!

Font Gadget Screenshot Display device Multimedia

Anyways, 2 of the issues have either resolved itself or I found a workaround for.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,027 Posts
... When I get back from a trip and pull into the garage, the doors stay unlocked for eternity. That is normal behavior.
When I then use the new app to lock the car, then unlock it, the car auto-locks if I don't get in it. This takes about 30 seconds.
As was posted earlier, if you open the door, i.e. after pulling into your garage, get out and leave the car it will stay unlocked.
If you unlock from the outside with either the app or the fob and do not open the door, it will relock automatically.
What you are describing is standard behavior.

·
Registered
199 Posts
As was posted earlier, if you open the door, i.e. after pulling into your garage, get out and leave the car it will stay unlocked.
If you unlock from the outside with either the app or the fob and do not open the door, it will relock automatically.
What you are describing is standard behavior.
This guy gets it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
When I get back from a trip and pull into the garage, the doors stay unlocked for eternity. That is normal behavior.
So to get expected behavior when I get home, I won't use the lock feature within the app.

The fan still comes on when I plug it in.
I can try and test it out tomorrow but what you are describing is how my MY22 has functioned from the beginning.

The fan is for the battery. Perhaps with the update it adjusted the battery management algorithm and its more aggressive with the fan now. Or perhaps a faulty sensor. Or perhaps you are just noticing it more.

I did not even hear the full Jaguar reverse chime for months (even though I drove it nearly every day). When I finally heard it I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t noticed it before! I really thought it was just beeps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts