Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 Reasons The Jaguar I-Pace EV Is Struggling (And 5 Reasons Why We'd Buy It)

Interesting read. Jaguar did a terrible job capitalizing on the emerging EV market in 2018 when the car debuted and won numerous accolades. I recall wanting an IPace back then after digesting all the YouTube content and reading reviews. Fast forward 2021, I bought a MY2022 (and love it) over a Mustang MachE, Tesla, Polestar, and VW ID4. Best looking EV with classy interior and drive experience. It’s a shame Jaguar doesn’t know how to market it.

As an aside, it was nice a few days ago when a Model 3 owner saw me park my car and said my IPace is more attractive looking than his car. I politely countered with your car goes further and he replied, “no one can sit on their a** for >3hrs without taking a charging break.” 😅

Happy holidays everyone. 🎄

·
Registered
191 Posts
Taste is always personal. And for irrational reasons a Tesla badge on something means that people thinks it’s nicer. Like what a Lexus badge meant in the 80s.

·
Registered
191 Posts
IMHO the main thing was marketing. They didn’t make the Jaguar a “cool” car with branding and marketing. Tesla doesn’t advertise either, but they were truly groundbreaking and they market using a headline grabbing CEO. Everyone always knows what Tesla is doing because of people always want to know what Elon Musk is doing.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jaguar dealers generally suck. That's one issue. Jaguar corporate pretty much sucks, too, it would appear. The car is very expensive. A terrible reputation for electronics. Lots of reasons for them to fail.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
On the i4 forum, people were saying they didn't even look at the I-Pace because they didn't want an ungainly SUV like the F or E-Pace. I wasn't stunned, but it shows how little even car fans know about the I-Pace. I told them Jaguar even had a race series. Pretty funny stuff.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
854 Posts
On the i4 forum, people were saying they didn't even look at the I-Pace because they didn't want an ungainly SUV like the F or E-Pace. I wasn't stunned, but it shows how little even car fans know about the I-Pace. I told them Jaguar even had a race series. Pretty funny stuff.
These sorts of statements just reinforce the idea that large numbers of buyers of anything don't do any research on their potential purchases, but rather rely on whats "friends" say. Not that relying on marketing hype is any better, but perhaps some in between where buyers question what they are told and actively seek data.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love the front of the red car in the first picture, with all the black around the plates 😍
Is this something that can be done aftermarket?

·
Registered
IPace SE my2019
4 Posts
The Pace' design is beautiful. Elegant and original. The interior is fantastic and the car drives great. I must say that the seats in my Volvo XC70 2003 are unbeatable.
I'm glad the car is not on every corner like the Tesla's and VW's. Limited sales succes keeps the iPace exclusive. I must say that I like that exclusivity.

·
Registered
2019 HSE
41 Posts
Item 6 is pure nonsense. Anyone who thinks a 3 or an X or a Y is better-looking than an I-Pace has his or her...well, never mind.
I could not agree more!
#6. “Design is always a subjective matter, but it probably hasn't helped the I-Pace that it's not the best looking of the electric SUVs. Its slightly awkward proportions are in stark contrast to the more refined, flowing designs from rivals like Tesla.
Really?
I thought the best description of what all of the Teslas except the Model S look like was someone in this forum stating that they look like a carp fish.
Fin Fish Marine biology Tail Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
453 Posts
I could not agree more!
#6. “Design is always a subjective matter, but it probably hasn't helped the I-Pace that it's not the best looking of the electric SUVs. Its slightly awkward proportions are in stark contrast to the more refined, flowing designs from rivals like Tesla.
Really?
I thought the best description of what all of the Teslas except the Model S look like was someone in this forum stating that they look like a carp fish.
View attachment 6240
i always thought they had a platypus front.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I could not agree more!
Really?
View attachment 6240
Haha now I can’t unsee a carp when I see a model y

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Lol. My wife has one on order. So I’m going to be staring at one next to my i pace for years.
If both of yours are red, we'll need a double date.

Just check the Tesla website regularly for in-stock cars. No need to order and wait months. They get in-stock cars often.

Reactions: Deutsch100
1 - 20 of 58 Posts