Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
Super interesting. Made for a nice sit down with a cup of coffee read. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
I cannot tell a lie - so, perhaps to my grandkids who want candy... but someone on the U.K. forum posted it first. The article answers a lot of questions about how the battery and cabin are heated/cooled. The most interesting point was that the AC must be on in the cabin for a certain type of battery cooling to occur. If there's anyone out there who has the technological background and can explain a few parts of the article, I'd love to hear from you.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Actually he finds the Tesla‘s EV tech to be the best. Here’s the pertinent comment:

”The superiority of Tesla’s EV technology vis a vis the legacy brands isn’t a secret, and looking at the actual components brings the disparity to life—so much so that Munro feels compelled to remind us that Tesla isn’t paying him anything. In fact, it’s the other way around: legacy automakers pay Sandy large sums for his Tesla teardown reports, so they can try to dope out what Tesla is doing.”

Of course that EV tech is but one aspect of the driving experience. Having driven both a MS and an Ipace, I’ll take the IPace thank you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts