Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well my case has been taken on with jaguar directly and after 2 weeks they tell me its definitely the public charge network that is faulty and there is nothing they can do. time for me to post videos to you tube and start a campaign . The car is not fit for purpose
I keep getting High Voltage alerts on the dash when I try to charge but jaguar are not interested
They should really be taking ownership of this

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well my case has been taken on with jaguar directly and after 2 weeks they tell me its definitely the public charge network that is faulty and there is nothing they can do. time for me to post videos to you tube and start a campaign . The car is not fit for purpose
I keep getting High Voltage alerts on the dash when I try to charge but jaguar are not interested
They should really be taking ownership of this
Can your dealer charge the car or can you charge at home? I've been unable to charge on some older model fast chargers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
According to my first repair order the charging receptacle, harness, and the Battery Energy Control Module which are all connected required replacement. After this repair all was good until it occurred again about 10 weeks later when I used a DCFC and the same problem occurred that it never went to charge mode and remained initializing constantly. My dealer still has my I Pace, but believes it will require the same parts to repair.

·
Registered
505 Posts
According to my first repair order the charging receptacle, harness, and the Battery Energy Control Module which are all connected required replacement. After this repair all was good until it occurred again about 10 weeks later when I used a DCFC and the same problem occurred that it never went to charge mode and remained initializing constantly. My dealer still has my I Pace, but believes it will require the same parts to repair.
I tried my closest L3 and it was also stuck in initializing. Tried multiple times on several occasions with same result.
Then Chargepoint added added an L3 at another location and worked like a charm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried my closest L3 and it was also stuck in initializing. Tried multiple times on several occasions with same result.
Then Chargepoint added added an L3 at another location and worked like a charm.
Sadly, after the collapse of my charging capability, I returned to a known good DCFC (I used this one about 2 hours earlier) and the same result, initializing continuously not accepting a charge. The most recent failure I limped back to my Jaguar dealer with 14 miles to spare and they immediately tried both their L2 and L3 charger and duplicated my issue. The car recognizes the handle connection by locking and conditioning the main battery for charging and then goes into the continuous initializing state. By reading this forum nightly, my experience is somewhat unique, since many use DCFC regularly without a problem. I am surprised there is not a safety protocol in the system or an ability to reboot and correct a faulty DCFC. Thanks Time2Roll for your experience and interest, it is appreciated.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sadly, after the collapse of my charging capability, I returned to a known good DCFC (I used this one about 2 hours earlier) and the same result, initializing continuously not accepting a charge. The most recent failure I limped back to my Jaguar dealer with 14 miles to spare and they immediately tried both their L2 and L3 charger and duplicated my issue. The car recognizes the handle connection by locking and conditioning the main battery for charging and then goes into the continuous initializing state. By reading this forum nightly, my experience is somewhat unique, since many use DCFC regularly without a problem. I am surprised there is not a safety protocol in the system or an ability to reboot and correct a faulty DCFC. Thanks Time2Roll for your experience and interest, it is appreciated.
Is it possible that the charge port locking mechanism is broken? It happened to me and whatever charger I used, including my home charger, the car would show charge initializing but wouldn't charge. On the surface everything appeared normal including the white LED illuminating but no charge. Once the lock and wiring harness were replaced everything was fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is it possible that the charge port locking mechanism is broken? It happened to me and whatever charger I used, including my home charger, the car would show charge initializing but wouldn't charge. On the surface everything appeared normal including the white LED illuminating but no charge. Once the lock and wiring harness were replaced everything was fine.
On my second no charge issue, my Jaguar service manager and I connected to a L2 charger at the service center and we both agreed the lock was working correctly because we could hear lock and the main battery cooling system started immediately and then after some time it kept initializing but not charging. When we removed the handle we could hear unlock also. It sounds like you may have been one of the first to have this issue since early on Jaguar would first replace the lock, if still no charge the harness would be replaced and if still no charge the battery control module would be replaced and the car would always charge at that point. My technician at the service center informed me during my first fail to charge, that they are now sending a new receptacle, harness, and module for the fix. I am on a hurricane hold for awhile until the Jaguar Dealership opens on Monday. Will post up once the issue is resolved. I am still curious what causes this issue. Maybe I will gain some insight when I pick up the car. Thanks CurtSprings for your interest.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I hope you're not directly in the hurricane's path! I hope that you come out of it with minimal damage, eh? Keep us posted on how you're doing and how everything works out for your I-Pace.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope you're not directly in the hurricane's path! I hope that you come out of it with minimal damage, eh? Keep us posted on how you're doing and how everything works out for your I-Pace.
I am in the storm now and it is expected to continue until tomorrow evening. We have been getting wind and rain since 9:30 am today, but Dorian is projected to remain off shore in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area. Thanks for wishing us well and I will be back in touch with the outcome of the repair once my I-Pace is returned.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Though I'd post an update. A replacement JuiceBox arrived earlier this week (pretty fast) and it is working. Customer service was helpful and prompt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am in the storm now and it is expected to continue until tomorrow evening. We have been getting wind and rain since 9:30 am today, but Dorian is projected to remain off shore in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area. Thanks for wishing us well and I will be back in touch with the outcome of the repair once my I-Pace is returned.
The dealer replaced my charge lock actuator and the car is now charging properly as designed. I will accept that I might have damaged it at the DCFC I used on my most recent trip. I will also say I am usual pretty careful in inserting and removing the handle in the charge receptacle. The technician who replaced it indicated it might have been a deformed handle that caused the problem (maybe he was just letting me off the hook). Before working on my car it was protocol to do the H228 system update (even though I asked for them not to do it) and like many others before me, I now show the 201mile range on a full charge every time. As explained by many of you, I do not to count on this as accurate since now I can travel 5-10 miles before it moves off of 201 miles to empty.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The dealer replaced my charge lock actuator and the car is now charging properly as designed. I will accept that I might have damaged it at the DCFC I used on my most recent trip. I will also say I am usual pretty careful in inserting and removing the handle in the charge receptacle. The technician who replaced it indicated it might have been a deformed handle that caused the problem (maybe he was just letting me off the hook). Before working on my car it was protocol to do the H228 system update (even though I asked for them not to do it) and like many others before me, I now show the 201mile range on a full charge every time. As explained by many of you, I do not to count on this as accurate since now I can travel 5-10 miles before it moves off of 201 miles to empty.
I doubt you damaged the actuator. There was at least one other owner on the forum with the same problem who also thought they might have damaged actuator. Good to hear your problem is solved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I doubt you damaged the actuator. There was at least one other owner on the forum with the same problem who also thought they might have damaged actuator. Good to hear your problem is solved.
I think that might have been me - I actually did damage the actuator by forcibly removing it without using the vehicle unlock button. I didn't realize you had to unlock the charging connection even if the car was unlocked (it says as much in the manual but I missed it). But JRL replaced the actuator and I haven't had any issues with it since (and I'm making sure to unlock).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts