Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i thought i would share my experience so far, Ive had my i pace since 12th Nov 20 from new,
After 2 weeks it started having intermittent problems charging, initializing would appear on the dash, this would happen wherever it was charged, it would take a few attempts to get it to charge. One morning it wouldnt charge at all, after a few attepts there was a loud bang under the front of the car and it tripped the main fuse in the house, it also caused the wall charger to fail, this has now been replaced along with a new cable. Jaguar came and transported the car to my local dealer, on inspection they said it just needed a system update, which sounded a bit odd, this was on the 26th November. 2 days later my wife collected the car, but it only had 30 miles of range, the dealer said its been on charge but there charger broke and needs fixing, all sounds at bit strange. So my wife took it to a charging station where the same thing happened loud bang wouldnt charge, she phoned the dealer after only leaving 30 mins before, saying its still broke and she was stranded they said nothing to do with them now you have left phone Jaguar assist, so she did and they said they cant come and collect the car for 2 days as they have no one available, in the end the car was left in a charging bay for 2 days before it was transported back to the dealer, it is now Feb 21, the car is still in the dealer, on the 23rd Dec they said they have identified an issue with the battery module and its on order. Im still waiting i have emailed, and phoned no one replies no one returns calls. The car is a lease vehicle and I have got them involved even they have had no luck getting any info from the dealer. Wondered if anyone else has had a battery module replaced and whether this is definitely the issue.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I’m not sure what the issue is but, if it’s within a reasonable distance, you really need to find a different dealer to service the car in the future. Your dealer scores 0 out of 10 points for competence, communication and customer satisfaction.

My I-Pace died within a couple of weeks from delivery, but they diagnosed and fixed the problem in one day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi unfortunately the next nearest dealer is over an hour away, so not really an option. Funnily enough they just sent me an email with a new eta for the part 21st Feb, the part was ordered before christmas. In early Jan they phoned and said the part was in transit 🤔.

·
Registered
2019 I-PACE
22 Posts
While the dealer seems to lack experience and kinda sucks, I would bring the car back for them to fix the problem. Takign it to another dealship will aggrevate you and also other I-Pace owners in the future who need service at this lociaton. Ask ask for a loaner. And insist that they "fix" whatver is the problme wiht the charging. And I would even bring a slow charger and leave it in the car if they make the excuse of theri charger being out of service. That way, they can charge it and leave it overnight if needed to verify that it works Ask them that do an overnight charge (or multiple days) so that it has at least 25% charge or something reasonable for an overnight charge via the house hold outlet. Otherwise, I find it hard for them to fix the problem when they cannot even repcaltie the problem in the first palce w/ a borken charger????

And how does a Jaguar dealer sell i-pace w/o a functional charger? The cars are regularly test driven and prob need constant recharging (unless they take the cars to 3rd party fast chargers frequently).

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,245 Posts
Is this a 2021 or an earlier model?
If the BCCM module is at fault, then it probably doesn't matter what charger is used. It will fail.
Dealer's charger break when they attempted to charge your car, or broke before that?
Did your wife break the charging station at her attempt, or was anyone else able to use it afterwards? (Probably don't know unless something is noted in an app for the brand, or at something like Plugshare.)
Reads like a really bad electrical short in the BCCM or port wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply, just had another email from the dealer, i asked them to confirm what part we are actually waiting for because its an unbelievably long eta( ordered before christmas ) i was told and sent the engineers notes before christmas stating that the battery module needs replacing. So they just replied which is a massive improvement but unfortunately they said the part we are waiting for is a junction box.😩
Personally i think it was my car that broke there wall charger. The standard plugin charger was sent with the car unfortunately it fried that as well but they have sent me a new one of those
Is this a 2021 or an earlier model?
If the BCCM module is at fault, then it probably doesn't matter what charger is used. It will fail.
Dealer's charger break when they attempted to charge your car, or broke before that?
Did your wife break the charging station at her attempt, or was anyone else able to use it afterwards? (Probably don't know unless something is noted in an app for the brand, or at something like Plugshare.)
Reads like a really bad electrical short in the BCCM or port wiring.

Hi there,
Im not sure if our car broke the dealers charger, just guessing, but it broke or did something to the charger at the charging station as it started flashing red.
On the plus side Jaguar assist delivered me a brand new i pace rental 4 weeks ago.
The i pace was brand new Nov20 so new model.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That’s too bad to hear—I hope you get it back. It is good they have given you a i-Pace loaner so at least you can pretend that you are enjoying your new car. :)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,245 Posts
Can you talk them into just swapping cars and calling it even?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts