Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself more of a purists when it comes to automobiles.
I care about the driving experience, fit, finish, feel, design, feedback, passion of the car.

Software and infotainment matter, but to me that's a much smaller part of the experience of driving
The infotainment works just fine. The car itself outshines everything else.

I sell the I-Pace to others as a drivers car, not a laptop with wheels.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I generally agree with you. However, when I can't see the name of the band for the song I'm listening to because the car doesn't display it on the homepage, gauge cluster, or even the lower screen - I'm forced to touch the panel that brings up the full media app. When this takes at least 5 seconds, that's when you know the software on this car is garbage.

That's just one specific gripe regarding the software and its slowness.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also, there's no reason why a driver's car can't also have a good infotainment. Therefore I'm not entirely sure what the point of this post is to be honest. If you're not bothered by the clunky infotainment we can still all probably agree that it is indeed clunky and littered with bugs. Whether you're bothered by that is more of an individual preference.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I am not into tech gadgets at all, in fact I find them annoying and distracting. I always say, the best car in the world is still the Mercedes-Benz W124 (1986-1995) E-Class. The W124 had no tech, and yet it was and is rewarding to drive, beyond reliable and fit and finish is still better than most cars today!

I agree with sgtpepper though. I have NEVER owned a car with satellite radio that does not show the Band/Artist right along with the song name.

We are able to see the Artist/band? What do I touch to see this?

I am (so far) utterly impressed with the fit and finish of my new I-Pace. We have had tons of BMW and Mercedes, and I think the Jag is mostly better!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not into tech gadgets at all, in fact I find them annoying and distracting. I always say, the best car in the world is still the Mercedes-Benz W124 (1986-1995) E-Class. The W124 had no tech, and yet it was and is rewarding to drive, beyond reliable and fit and finish is still better than most cars today!

I agree with sgtpepper though. I have NEVER owned a car with satellite radio that does not show the Band/Artist right along with the song name.

We are able to see the Artist/band? What do I touch to see this?

I am (so far) utterly impressed with the fit and finish of my new I-Pace. We have had tons of BMW and Mercedes, and I think the Jag is mostly better!

Its true the infotainment has rediculaous bugs, but Ive wasn't even aware of the band/artist missing. Shows how much I pay attention to it

Agree with the W124, especially the CE

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have many complaints about it - Android Auto connection has frozen on me a couple of times. I guess I don't know what I'm missing. My most recent car prior to this was a 2012 LR4 - now that is a slow, system with too many layers to go through for simple tasks and an infotainment system that didn't really do much. The I-pace infotainment seems quite fast in comparison. Admittedly the menu system could be a little easier to navigate but I've gotten used to it. I don't have another recent model car to compare it to. Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The system could be quite good really. It has unique features I like - like showing a street view of a destination when entered and even showing where parking could be. This is awesome! However, entered a destination is miserable and voice command might as well be from a car 10 years older.

To see the song/artist for Sat Radio - you just have to go to the main music panel from the home screen - like where you go to tune to stations and such. It just doesn't show all the info in the gauge cluster or the lower screen or from the main home screen on the upper screen for that matter. It does show this info for FM and even for my ipod...

·
Super Moderator
1,768 Posts
Bit more than a week in on 19C..8817 ... So far it's working great. I really have no complaints but I don't push the boundaries of the system ... I work everything off the cell phone except for vehicle-related stuff like the myEV panel.

I actually really like the customization that's possible, and once you're set on a configuration with the functions you use and like it works really well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree with that @sciencegeek. However, there are still so many other bugs that drive me nuts - mostly related to the slowness of the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts