Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HSE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Purchased a 2019 I Pace (30 miles on the odometer). First 750 miles everything worked as advertised. We started to have an issue periodically where the infotainment system would not provide any audio. The system showed it was on but no audio. This was consistent with all sources of audio. Phones showed they were connected via Bluetooth however audio would not work. (Same for USB Andriod Auto connection) The problem has become more severe where we now count on no music or bluetooth phone use. On occasion we will have intermittent connections. Waiting 3 weeks to dealer for service! (Hoping Covid related)

It Appears our updates are behind which is frustrating because I asked the dealer specifically, if all update have been downloaded.

I read a post where this was more of a hardware issue, (control module) than a software issue.

Really hoping I have some information before I see the service department so i don't just get a software update and the problem continues requiring another visit.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
903 Posts
Go to the software update display and report what version of software is shown there for the infotainment system.
While there, touch the "check for updates" and see if it triggers any updates.

If you see the first letters are "S19" then your car needs updates. There are service bulletins describing what you experience and the latest updates S20B/S20B1 fix it.

·
Super Moderator
2,350 Posts
Hi and Welcome!
Insist on getting the latest infotainment update AND the latest TCU update. They want to hear that stuff isn't working so that JLR reimburses them, otherwise they're stuck with doing this for free.
Also: Always let the system boot up fully before you press D. Regardless of infotainment version.

·
Registered
2019 HSE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to the software update display and report what version of software is shown there for the infotainment system.
While there, touch the "check for updates" and see if it triggers any updates.

If you see the first letters are "S19" then your car needs updates. There are service bulletins describing what you experience and the latest updates S20B/S20B1 fix it.
Nice. Thank you.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The latest update is a must.

To @sciencegeek point, the boot up sequence is crucial.

If the the main screen is like this then it hasn't booted up so you still need to wait. The full reverse cameras and guidance lines wont show up either (if you have that option)

When it's booted up, you will see this screen.
It also will show your full rear camera with side cameras and guidance lines

·
Registered
85 Posts
I seem to get better results with CarPlay if I wait to plug in my phone until after getting the "Press Screen to Continue" message. My Chevy Volt was the opposite and preferred to have the phone plugged in before hitting the start button.

Reactions: Jag30281
1 - 6 of 6 Posts