Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
364 Posts
Not sure an ICE is a fair comparison either, but WTH. I have no problem with the timing. By the time you buckle up, adjust the music choice, check mirrors etc kitty is ready to roll. Yes, I'm at that stage of life when I am content and have no need/desire to rush doing anything and 30sec will make no difference in my life.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The screens load faster now on 20B than when my car was on 18D. I think the processor is underpowered and we'll never see a quick boot up hence the '21 I-Pace coming with a new Infotainment system.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My experience is that the screens most often fail to come on if I have been in a store for just a couple of minutes and come back out just after the car "went to sleep". My method (yet to fail) to recover is just this:

0. After starting the car and the screens don't come on (but the A/C does start blowing) ...
1. Take foot off the brake and shut the car off.
2. Leave foot OFF the brake and give the start button a good 1-Mississippi long press to turn the car on "Accessory Mode". This will usually work to reset the screens in a few seconds. But, even if not:
3. Put foot on the brake and give the start button another good 1-Mississippi long press. This has always corrected the issue for me for the past year or so.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Those of you waiting 30 seconds are you sure that is absolutely necessary? I mean do you every once in awhile test to see if a blank screen appears if you start your car and start driving inside of 30 seconds? My experience of blank screens only occurs (maybe 3 times) and well over a year ago when I accidentally "trick the car" by turning it off and then turn it back on while it is still powering down. I have not done this lately. Otherwise, I can assure you when I start the car I am driving away inside of 30 seconds with no blank screens. I never lock my car in my garage so no key fob wake up is used at those times either. Maybe my "cat" is just a light sleeper!

·
Registered
45 Posts
From opening with the handle (not FOB), jumping in quickly and hitting start, my system take 8 seconds to be operational. And I am only on 19C. Yup, seems quite slow but nothing near 30 seconds. I'm wondering now when I am updated into the 20's if my system will actually regress.....
I've noticed a lag at time where the rear camera lags for a few seconds when shifting into D. It's only happened a few times but it frankly bugs me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts