Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Is the infotainment system that powers the ipace Android based? The overall interface and button press sounds definitely make me think it's built around the Android platform.

I only ask because it would open up great possibilities for rooting and miss in the future.

Thanks as always!

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you launch the browser in the car, and you try to find out what is the "user agent" (signature) of the browser, I think it says Linux, android. To validate, simply go to a web site like What web browser are you using? Is it up to date?, or any similar site that reveals the browser User Agent.
Now, Blackberry has signed a multi years contract with JLR, to take care of the infosystem and so, QNX will be the new heart of the system (Blackberry news). I think the new infosystem from JLR aka Pivi pro, that will replace InControl Touch Pro, is already made by Blackberry. (Pivi Pro).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have heard Windows mulitple times, but this somewhat dated article only references Linux, which would make more sense to me: Jaguar adds horsepower to the dashboard
From memory it was discussed on a video around two years ago, can’t remember if it was before launch or right after. I just remember the disappointment that it wasn’t Blackberry’s QNX. Being Windows would also explain the lag and early issues with black screens...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think, if I remember correctly, that the lag on the system, when the Ipace was launched in 2018, was due to the higher number of events/information generated by an EV compared to an ICE car. JLR optimized the multi thread handling and the prioritization of the events, to offer a better response time to the interface.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Windows, you can tell when it suddenly deletes your profile for no reason, or when it terminated the Nav probably due to memory pressure or "safe" code!

Last hint: laggy video update on rear window camera, inability to control latency in a real time OS. This doesn't happen with android, happens all the time in Windows.

Oooppss, did I just out myself as a geek? ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
Yeah and then there's the 'rotating rectangles' in windows colors when you hit the software update button ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts