Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although it doesn't have anything specific to the I-PACE, this is being pushed out to pre-MY21 cars.
It was fed to my cat today. I hadn't driven it for a few days so I don't know when this actually started.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is really strange. The official Jaguar release note about it says that it is for XJ and F-Type with 8" screen....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gtquan also shows it installed as part of IMC replacement.

Mine came SOTA.

·
Registered
2020 Firenze Red SE, 9/2019 Build
55 Posts
Got the notification today while driving. Connected to WiFi during lunch and it was done when I got back in the car.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
"...and 20C software".

Seems the only change was to remove the new Apple CarPlay button that didn't work anyway.
Hmm, I didn’t notice its removal, but the CarPlay button always worked on mine. I assume you’re talking about the CarPlay icon in the center of the row of icons at the bottom?

If that’s been removed, how do you now select CarPlay? Are you gonna make me get dressed and go down to the garage? ;)

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
689 Posts
"In 20C the InControl© Apps tile was replaced with the Apple CarPlay tile in the 'Extra Features' menu. These vehicles do not support CarPlay so in this release for the 8" screen the InControl© Apps tile is back replacing the nonfunctioning CarPlay tile."

Just quoting the .pdf. I hope for the sake of all the ipace iphoners this is not the case.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
Received here as well. Pretty strange that JLR is pushing this out to cars that don't have any fixes listed. I suspect that there could be other changes or tweaks not included in the release notes.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
306 Posts
Received here as well. Pretty strange that JLR is pushing this out to cars that don't have any fixes listed. I suspect that there could be other changes or tweaks not included in the release notes.
Wouldn't it be a single code base for all cars? It would make sense to have a single codebase and release cycle rather than separate codebases for every car variant

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
"In 20C the InControl© Apps tile was replaced with the Apple CarPlay tile in the 'Extra Features' menu. These vehicles do not support CarPlay so in this release for the 8" screen the InControl© Apps tile is back replacing the nonfunctioning CarPlay tile."

Just quoting the .pdf. I hope for the sake of all the ipace iphoners this is not the case.
I checked and the small icon in the lower center (among Nav, phone & other icons) is still there and still functional as it has been for CarPlay. I don’t think it makes any difference, but I’m using the wireless CarPlay dongle.

I’m not sure what they’re talking about since our cars do support CarPlay. I also wouldn’t refer to these as ‘tiles’, but rather as a row of small icons. Very weird.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, they are sharing the code base for all vehicles (Jaguar and Land Rover). It is a bit inefficient to put code for ICE vehicles into a BEV (e.g. fuel gauge, tach, etc), or BEV code (e.g. charging display) into an ICE only car. It's a bit like Microsoft pushing out big Windows updates that include support for everything in the world to devices that have 1% of that.

Possibly they have another change coming that will require S20C1 to be installed first.

Ken, XJ and F-type did not support CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yes, they are sharing the code base for all vehicles (Jaguar and Land Rover). It is a bit inefficient to put code for ICE vehicles into a BEV (e.g. fuel gauge, tach, etc), or BEV code (e.g. charging display) into an ICE only car. It's a bit like Microsoft pushing out big Windows updates that include support for everything in the world to devices that have 1% of that.

Possibly they have another change coming that will require S20C1 to be installed first.

Ken, XJ and F-type did not support CarPlay.
Ah, now that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Can they not push a software update to make carplay wireless? This is not rocket science.
I'm not sure it's as easy as it might seem. The company that developed the wireless dongle took quite awhile before they came up with a workable solution for our I-Pace.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there a way to see what updates are pushed to the car via SOTA through something like Watt Catt or any other app?

My car is in my father's garage in Texas while I am in Cairo and don't want to confuse the guy with a bunch of things.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there a way to see what updates are pushed to the car via SOTA through something like Watt Catt or any other app?

My car is in my father's garage in Texas while I am in Cairo and don't want to confuse the guy with a bunch of things.
You can't see the infotainment software version via an app.

Have him power it up to full on (foot on brake and push the power button).
Move the car to where there is a strong cellular signal if necessary.
Wait a few minutes.
There will be a pop up that may prompt to "download now". I wasn't paying attention as I was driving at the time. I simply noticed it as it went away.
A little downward pointing arrow with a line under it will appear in the upper right if software is being delivered to your cat.
Have him touch the gears at the bottom of the screen.
Have him touch "all settings".
Have him touch "software update". (see screen images posted above)
This will indicate if software is being downloaded or he can touch "check for update" (if it is there). This is also where he will see the current software version.
If an update is being downloaded, he should wait until it indicates the software is ready to install and it may prompt to "install now" or later. Touch install now.
He should press the home symbol at the bottom, then power off the car.
He should get out, lock it, and leave it for at least 1/2 hour.
The next time it gets powered up, the update will finish without any further action required.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@Ayepace

To accomplish this, will I need connection to a wifi network? Purchased the car used so I wasn't able to take advantage if the dealer provided service and wasnt going to purchase the service for a car that will be stored for the most part of the next 4 months.

Thanks for your response.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts