1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well this seems like a pretty big production foobar, I am going to check EVERY aspect of my car when it gets in!

I don't understand how any missing component CAN'T be retrofitted. It is more likely it is not worth the cost and expense to retrofit once assembled.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The local tech said that the vast majority of issues on new cars is tech related. People not knowing how to deal with it, software updates, incompatibilities, or improperly set up systems. The ipace cannot connect to my ASUS routers but it can connect to my samsung. Go fig.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Status Update - Hardware Replacement for Fix

I have a thread regarding multiple issues that the I-Pace was taken in for, of which this is one of them. So thought appropriate to post this portion here as well.

I wanted to provide an update. So yesterday MLK day the service manager updated me that they were waiting to hear back from Jaguar but Jaguar was closed for MLK day. So the update came, this afternoon. This is the second time the touch screens have gone out and not come back. I assumed it was some sort of software reinstall. Today I was told they are replacing some hardware. This is the first I have heard of hardware being replaced in the fix for the blank touch screens.

This was the email from service.

Hello,

Yes we were told to order a telematics control unit, we should have it here tomorrow, then we will program it and then test the system,

Thank you

I will post an update once the temematics control unit is replaced and programmed.
Bryan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't believe there is no fix and they are only offer $600 to affected owners. I would be filling something with head office if my brand new luxury SUV didn't have functional navigation, WiFi and smart phone compatibility.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
233 Posts
If it is on the factory sticker I'd be demanding a fix or a replacement car, and if they wouldn't provide one I'd be using the state's lemon law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts