Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an odd experience the other night on my way home from work. I started up the car and all was well, except the media would not audibly play. I started up with my iPhone attached so that I could launch CarPlay. At first I thought the valet had turned off the radio, but that was not it. I tried switching it on and off; tried changing media source. Nothing. Then I decided to pull over and turn off the car to see if the system needed a reboot. Nope. I let it sit for about 5 minutes or so, no luck. Also, the phone would not play through the audio speakers in the car. I figured I blew out some amplifier fuse or something. I drove home playing Sirius from my iPhone disconnected from bluetooth. (Makes you appreciate the quality of the sound system in the car -- when it works.) On the way home I stopped at the supermarket and picked up some stuff for dinner. I get back in the car and start it up and boom! Sound system is working again.

Anyone experienced similar gremlins?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had a similar issue with voice command. It worked fine on the first leg of the trip and then I shut the car off for 2 minutes and then after restarting the voice command simply would not work - not even the spinning circle on the touchscreen. Car was fine the next morning. The release notes for 19B stated that these issues were fixed but clearly not all of them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar issue with voice command. It worked fine on the first leg of the trip and then I shut the car off for 2 minutes and then after restarting the voice command simply would not work - not even the spinning circle on the touchscreen. Car was fine the next morning. The release notes for 19B stated that these issues were fixed but clearly not all of them.
Thanks. We should try to collect all the experiences so that they are in one place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The U.K. I-Pace forum has a category called Jaguar Customer Relations that JLR monitors and provides feedback to owner questions. I wonder if we can convince JLR to monitor something along the same nature here.
This was a great idea. I posted the link from here to the UK forum. Let's see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
I had something similar happen the other day. Usually I don't have black screen or infotainment issues but this time I door closed just as I pressed brake pedal and start button, all at once. I did not like that at all! Black screen, no infotainment, zilch. It decided to fix itself after my driving around and going shopping. NB: I'm not on H264 yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
The U.K. I-Pace forum has a category called Jaguar Customer Relations that JLR monitors and provides feedback to owner questions. I wonder if we can convince JLR to monitor something along the same nature here.
Let me check with someone at JLR ... remind me if I don't get back on this thread about it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Let me check with someone at JLR ... remind me if I don't get back on this thread about it.
Thanks, Sciencegeek. It would make sense for JLR to participate on this forum and would be great for owners to hear directly from Jaguar. Sure could help reduce the rumors floating about.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
300 Posts
I’ve had that happen multiple times, and there are a few different fixes depending on what the actual root cause it. Here is the order I try things:
  1. Switch to radio, then back to Bluetooth. This generally fixes it when the car thinks the phone is “playing”, but pause/play won’t work. This is most comment when I get back in the car after driving for a while and getting out for less than 20 minutes.
  2. Disconnect the phone from Bluetooth (not unpair), then reconnect. This seems to fix the issue when the above doesn’t. Seems to a variation on the above problem.
  3. Tap the volume button on the phone. This started happening when the iOS 13 released. Somehow I was pressing the volume down button on the phone while it was in my pocket (maybe pressing against the seat beat buckle), and since the phone maintains separate volume per device, I didn’t realize at first what was going on. This sounds the most like your issue, where the car looks like it is playing, but you can’t hear anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve had that happen multiple times, and there are a few different fixes depending on what the actual root cause it. Here is the order I try things:
  1. Switch to radio, then back to Bluetooth. This generally fixes it when the car thinks the phone is “playing”, but pause/play won’t work. This is most comment when I get back in the car after driving for a while and getting out for less than 20 minutes.
  2. Disconnect the phone from Bluetooth (not unpair), then reconnect. This seems to fix the issue when the above doesn’t. Seems to a variation on the above problem.
  3. Tap the volume button on the phone. This started happening when the iOS 13 released. Somehow I was pressing the volume down button on the phone while it was in my pocket (maybe pressing against the seat beat buckle), and since the phone maintains separate volume per device, I didn’t realize at first what was going on. This sounds the most like your issue, where the car looks like it is playing, but you can’t hear anything.
Thanks for this. I have had a similar issue, but the specific issue I described above happened when playing Sirius through the car's infotainment. I should have said I tried disconnecting the phone, playing through CarPlay and through regular bluetooth, AM/FM radio through the car and using the Phone function.

None of the above fixed my issue. Sitting on the side of the road did not fix it. Going to the supermarket and buying vegetables fixed it. I don't know if it a vegan thing, but it was strange.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Very similar to me too, a few days ago. All was great, listening to a playlist on my iPhone, via the car's Infotainment (I selected iphone as the source). Without warning...no sound, and could not even select different songs on the main screen or my iphone. Phone died too, could not even disconnect it from the car. It took several hours for the car to "reset". Has not happened since, but it was not "fun". Still...LOVE my Jag.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Thanks for this. I have had a similar issue, but the specific issue I described above happened when playing Sirius through the car's infotainment. I should have said I tried disconnecting the phone, playing through CarPlay and through regular bluetooth, AM/FM radio through the car and using the Phone function.

None of the above fixed my issue. Sitting on the side of the road did not fix it. Going to the supermarket and buying vegetables fixed it. I don't know if it a vegan thing, but it was strange.
To ‘reboot’ the car, it isn’t good enough to shut it off and wait. You have to lock the car then move the smart key out of range as well as leaving it sit for 5-10 minutes...and then it just may reboot...but maybe not

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To ‘reboot’ the car, it isn’t good enough to shut it off and wait. You have to lock the car then move the smart key out of range as well as leaving it sit for 5-10 minutes...and then it just may reboot...but maybe not
Thanks. Good to know. Hope it doesn't happen when I am on the Freeway ...

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Yes, to reboot...I had to lock it and walk away. I stayed in work about 2+ hours before going out to start it up, and all was back to normal. I keep telling myself: nowadays we drive computers, and they need to be re-booted. I don't like it, but it is what it is :) In my mind, I still long after the 1986-1995 Mercedes E-Class. Best and most trouble free luxury car ever made!

·
Registered
2020 HSE
6 Posts
We need to figure out what the soft reboot process is. Some coder must have put it in there somewhere. I can’t imagine when they were testing the system they turned off the car and waited. Maybe holding down the start stop button for a period of time does something.

I wouldn’t mind the occasional glitch if we could reset while in motion somehow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had zero sound from any source a couple of days ago. No amount of clicking/unclicking mute buttons helped. What fixed it was a "re-boot"--lock and unlock the car--after it had been parked for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After 10 months, I finally had this happen. Twice in 2 days. For me, after reversing out of the driveway, the camera screen froze, still displaying a frozen picture. The lower screen was dark, and there was no sound from the radio. The main screen also froze on the welcome screen. This went to my regular display when a accessed the functions through the wheel button. Things only returned to normal when I stopped, exited, and locked the car.

Is there another way to re-boot? I know in my Tesla, it is just pressing the 2 steering wheel buttons for 10 seconds. Anything similar for the I Pace?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts