Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WattCatt pushed a notification about a pretty substantial update for InControl vehicles. It's about time, as it's been since October since we had our last significant release. The long-running issue with navigation automatically logging you out of your account at random appears to be fixed. There's a bunch of other good stuff in here as well. Anyone receive it yet? Release notes attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,147 Posts
(I-PACE ONLY) TIMED CHARGING When Timed charging events are not available , Preferred Charging Period will now always switch off.

Exactly opposite of what the driver community wants. There shouldn't be a tie between timed charging events (setting a departure) and the preferred charging period.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've previously received several OTAs, so I know that it's turned on for my vehicle. However, like others I called JLR and had them "push" the update to the vehicle. I called (800) 452-4827 and used the menu option for InControl. I had to guide the rep into Topix, and told her to click the software tab at the top. She said she then clicked "update" and that did the trick.

·
Registered
2019 I-PACE
18 Posts
Apparently there is something unusual w/ my car or both the Dealer and 800-452-4827 number are saying that they are not allowed to push the update...or that they just don't know what the heck is going on. Even the dealer is saying that I need to bring the car in for them to make the "push?" It sort of defeats the SOTA portion. :( Yes, I have received the 20C update over the air before. Wow...

Before I make a trip, can anyone who has the update comment if some of the bugs are fixed and did you see any new bugs/issues?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
648 Posts
Apparently there is something unusual w/ my car or both the Dealer and 800-452-4827 number are saying that they are not allowed to push the update...or that they just don't know what the heck is going on. Even the dealer is saying that I need to bring the car in for them to make the "push?" It sort of defeats the SOTA portion. :( Yes, I have received the 20C update over the air before. Wow...

Before I make a trip, can anyone who has the update comment if some of the bugs are fixed and did you see any new bugs/issues?
Just be patient. JLR releases the updates slowly. If you are up to date there is nothing important coming. We have all been indoctrinated with needing the latest and newest of anything, and the reality is that the "lastest and newest" really is not that important. Just enjoy driving your I-Pace and appreciate what it does now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If it ain't broke...

None of the recent updates to the infotainment haven't changed much it seems. If they added range or fixed something important to me I'd be more concerned.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
350 Posts
I called the 800 number yesterday and asked them to push it out. Checked the car 10 minutes later and it started installing. Biggest thing I wanted was the fix related to navigation forgetting the login to Here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it ain't broke...

None of the recent updates to the infotainment haven't changed much it seems. If they added range or fixed something important to me I'd be more concerned.
For me at least every update improved a little thing, be it CarPlay connectivity, display glitches, menu bugs... I had the pleasant surprise to find that items which weren't mentioned were fixed too (audio pops, buttons responsiveness, even climate fan speed)...

·
Registered
2019 I-PACE
18 Posts
For me at least every update improved a little thing, be it CarPlay connectivity, display glitches, menu bugs... I had the pleasant surprise to find that items which weren't mentioned were fixed too (audio pops, buttons responsiveness, even climate fan speed)...
Totally agree. There are plenty of bugs on the IMC, some are annoyances and others are actual issues. At this point, it's getting tiring to keep on entering my password for Navigation; kind of tired asking the kids to turn around when I enter the password since this is a common password that I use for other accounts. Also, once in a while (not sure when/what triggers this condition), I have to enter WiFi password as well. Also, user profile resets itself every month or so. Also, at times, I get no volume on the radio. Sometimes I have to doubleclick the favorite button (I know that I did not trigger it the last time I used the car). Lots of strange SW bugs. Windows 95 prob had less defects. It's not the case of "if it ain't broken..." scenario as other have suggested earlier. It is already broken and causes annoying workaround situations. I am not looking for new features being added from S21A; actually, I hope they do not even add new features as that would cause more potential issues.

I called the 800 number again. This time, got an agent that seems to know more. And went to the car 30min later, it now sees the update; was able to fully update to S21A. I think the issue is that beyond the bugs, employee knowledge (first person said nothing they can do to push it) and also Dealer (asking me to bring in the car) knowledge play a huge factor as well. :(

Since updated to S21A, I have not had to enter the Navi password. I cannot confirm on the Wifi Password or auto mute since it does not happen all the time. Will revert back if things change. Hope this helps for anyone else w/ similar issues.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
350 Posts
Forgetting the wifi password is definitely annoying (especially since a use a long and complex wifi password). Unfortunately I think that is part of the telematics unit, not the IMC, and I have never gotten an TCU update. :(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Totally agree. There are plenty of bugs on the IMC, some are annoyances and others are actual issues. At this point, it's getting tiring to keep on entering my password for Navigation; kind of tired asking the kids to turn around when I enter the password since this is a common password that I use for other accounts. Also, once in a while (not sure when/what triggers this condition), I have to enter WiFi password as well. Also, user profile resets itself every month or so. Also, at times, I get no volume on the radio. Sometimes I have to doubleclick the favorite button (I know that I did not trigger it the last time I used the car). Lots of strange SW bugs. Windows 95 prob had less defects. It's not the case of "if it ain't broken..." scenario as other have suggested earlier. It is already broken and causes annoying workaround situations. I am not looking for new features being added from S21A; actually, I hope they do not even add new features as that would cause more potential issues.

I called the 800 number again. This time, got an agent that seems to know more. And went to the car 30min later, it now sees the update; was able to fully update to S21A. I think the issue is that beyond the bugs, employee knowledge (first person said nothing they can do to push it) and also Dealer (asking me to bring in the car) knowledge play a huge factor as well. :(

Since updated to S21A, I have not had to enter the Navi password. I cannot confirm on the Wifi Password or auto mute since it does not happen all the time. Will revert back if things change. Hope this helps for anyone else w/ similar issues.
I had some of the bugs listed. Jaguar had to replace IMC controller. System has worked well since. Almost afraid to update now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WattCatt pushed a notification about a pretty substantial update for InControl vehicles. It's about time, as it's been since October since we had our last significant release. The long-running issue with navigation automatically logging you out of your account at random appears to be fixed. There's a bunch of other good stuff in here as well. Anyone receive it yet? Release notes attached.
The update in the PDF states it is for the 2020 I-Paces. The complaints loading it appear to be from owners of 2019 I-Paces ! ??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts