Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new I-pace First Edition in Singapore. Lovely car despite the interface quibbles.

One major peeve seems to be that I cannot register for incontrol as Singapore does not even show up as one of the countries. If I try to register with UK or US and put my VIN, it says the vehicle has no subscriptions!
Any ideas on how I can get my remote app to work?

·
Super Moderator
1,712 Posts
I thought Singapore loves being incontrol.
[sorry, couldn't help myself]

Can you download the "remote" app, and make an account there? Either iPhone or Android.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried doing this, but registration flow within the app is the same as online. So back to choosing random country and being told vehicle has no subscription.

I think the only way around is if some friendly dealer could activate the subscription for me in a supported country like UK using the VIN number.

·
Registered
447 Posts
How did you get your car? Not through a dealer? A dealer should have asked for an email address and set it up for you.

You could try going through Jaguar customer support via Jaguar website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the car through the official dealer - Wearnes Automotive - in Singapore.

They themselves say there is no Incontrol remote since they do not have a mobile network partner or something!
I did find it hard to believe.. but so far no solution. Going to jaguar support just resulted in a round-robin call back from the dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got the car through the official dealer - Wearnes Automotive - in Singapore.

They themselves say there is no Incontrol remote since they do not have a mobile network partner or something!
I did find it hard to believe.. but so far no solution. Going to jaguar support just resulted in a round-robin call back from the dealer.
I find myself in exactly the same place, got my I-Pace from a dealer in Israel, no way to register for InControl, serious pain ... unfortunately (at least for me), having a "friendly dealer" as you say subscribe you will not be enough, the Version the car is running doesn't even have the option to connect via mobile data which is required for InControl. So I think we need to also get a "friendly" version of that software as well.

I'm still trying to find a solution and will post one if/when I do, please do the same :)

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts