Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my I-Pace sent back to the garage to change the 12V battery used to operate brakes. As it got disconnected, InControl sent me a warning that the car might be stolen, which was obviously not the case. As a result now, many days later, I can no longer access to InControl features as it goes on warning me in a red screen that my car is being stolen. I couldn’t find a way to reset it to normal. Any help available?

·
Registered
118 Posts
This might be the expected behavior. I know with Teslas they remove the car from your account while it's in service so you cannot see it through the remote app. This is a convenience/safety issue for the technicians working on the car so you don't lock and unlock doors, pop open the rear hatch, etc. while they are working on it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Contact your dealer or the customer service toll free number
1-800-4-JAGUAR
1-(800)-452-4827
Option Number 9 for customer service

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted my dealer here in Switzerland and voila ... InControl came back without me knowing the reason it stayed in "Stolen mode".

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I contacted my dealer here in Switzerland and voila ... InControl came back without me knowing the reason it stayed in "Stolen mode".
A Stolen Car flag should not be able to be disabled by the customer. It would defeat the purpose. One of the ways to steal a car is to disconnect the 12v battery and tow it.

There is a button in the overhead console that is supposed to be JLR Emergency Services. That might be an easy way to disable the stolen report. I don't know though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts