Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
There will be those who will still purchase EVs after the incentives have been removed because the higher end models will cost a lot with or without it. The hardest hit will be EV models that were designed to be affordable after the incentives like the Bolt and upcoming Model 3.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's true. When you're spending 60-70+ for a car, with some places only offering say $7,500 in a tax credit, it's really not much when you look at it as a whole.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Its still better than no incentive at all and I don't know about you guys but it pushes me a bit more to buy. Being a short-term owner I won't suffer that much from depreciation over the years.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Of course, incentives would be nice but it won't deter those who are set on the I-Pace from getting one. The White house may not be a fan of going green, but individual States and jurisdictions are still going to follow the Paris climate change accord. Maybe that'll extended to the continuation of EV incentives too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It does go hand in hand, and I guess it would be state dependent at that point as it already is which is why incentives vary depending on where you're located.

But you are right that it won't deter those. People are still going to see the plethora of benefits from going green, and definitely going to see the amazing product that is the I-Pace and they're going to want it just like any other.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, lucky for car makers there's more people buying EV's for the fact they want one whether there are credits or not. If they gov't see's those numbers then they will pull themselves out from it. Its as simple as that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lucky for those in California and similar states, I think they plan to keep the EV incentives in spite of the gov't rollback. So some buyers will still be getting the incentives depending on where you live.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In Quebec, Canada, the incentive is up to $8,000 if the value of the car is under $75,000 and drop to $3,300 if the value is over. We can also get $600 for the charger at home. The program is good until December 2020.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm sure Jaguar will price the I-Pace under $75,000 so people can maximize the amount of incentives they receive. For Ontario, it seems to be based on the model you get. Some models will have purchase incentives in the 5 digits while others will only see $3,000.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm sure Jaguar will price the I-Pace under $75,000 so people can maximize the amount of incentives they receive. For Ontario, it seems to be based on the model you get. Some models will have purchase incentives in the 5 digits while others will only see $3,000.
hopefully it gets that cheap but at that price there's no way i am going to expect having a higher trim, they can get away with having that as a base model or one of the lower trims

Porsche can do the same thing with the Macan if they wanted to or a unique Porsche EV..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Perhaps the highest trim will be around $75,000 with the entry-level model starting at around $60,000? that sounds like a reasonable starting point before you start adding on extra packages and features.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Since we're talking about incentives and its removal in certain States, perhaps this site will help you keep an eye on your area's incentive changes.
https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/incentives/
Great source for this sort of information and to make things even better they have a list of current credits for specific models, this is really worth looking into for someone that wants to trim the cost they end up paying in the end: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just noticed that only some states on the chargepoint map can be clicked on for incentives, so it makes me wonder if the lighter colored states aren't offering anything.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts