Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost a full year of trouble free driving, my In Control Remote has stopped working. It was fine 5 days ago (I could even use it when I was I Cape Town, thousands of miles away, to check its charge status). Now it just shows the status 5 days ago and says "updating" - forever.

Any suggestions to get it connected gain? The car works fine, updates software etc, but no remote control. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine stopped about 30 days ago, I thought it was an update flaw. I asked the dealership, they had ZERO answers

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
You say it worked fine 5 days ago. I thought mine was broken too, but I learned from this awesome Forum, that the car will enter Deep Sleep if the car is not driven for 4 days I believe. Once the car is in Deep Sleep, the In Control app will not update and no functions are active.

Once I drove my I-Pace for 15 consecutive minutes, my app updated and all In Control functions came back to life!

I now learned from the Board, to set a Wake Up Timer on my app, if I know my Jag will be sitting in the garage for days and days.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If the car is not napping, are your cars up-to-date with the telematics/Infotainment software? Is the car located where a cellular signal is available?
The car will go to sleep after 4 days of sitting and the app won't be hearing anything from it. WattCat will also report the contact loss.

·
Registered
298 Posts
After almost a full year of trouble free driving, my In Control Remote has stopped working. It was fine 5 days ago (I could even use it when I was I Cape Town, thousands of miles away, to check its charge status). Now it just shows the status 5 days ago and says "updating" - forever.

Any suggestions to get it connected gain? The car works fine, updates software etc, but no remote control. Any suggestions appreciated.
Forum members have tried a number of ways to get the app working again and eventually one will succeed.

Easiest way to try is to log out and then log back in. Another method is to clear the cache. Some have uninstalled and then reinstalled the app (I had to do that once) and finally I think someone logged out of both the app and the web-based InControl and then logged into the web-based site first and then logged into the app. Best of luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input. Unfortunately it's not a case of the car "napping" - I've used it every day since the problem occurred.The software is 19c and the car tells me it's up to date.
I have logged into the In Control website and logged out again. It does show my journeys but doesn't show the start and finish locations. The app on my phone doesn't even show the journeys. I think I'll have to re-download the app and see if that helps.

·
Registered
298 Posts
For about a week InControl Remote was having an issue not showing the trip start and end locations but it resolved the other day and is now showing correctly.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I have logged into the In Control website and logged out again. It does show my journeys but doesn't show the start and finish locations. The app on my phone doesn't even show the journeys. I think I'll have to re-download the app and see if that helps.
Sounds like a GPS issue. Does the car NAV show your correct location? (Not google or waze or apple, but the car's GPS)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again, thank you to this community for all your input.

I deleted the app on my phone, re-downloaded and lo and behold, all is well and it works as it should. I can only assume some sort of glitch occurred in the app.

Thanks, y'all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts