Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow I-Pace owners. As a past F type owner, hoped second one would be same, but three days in ....... and the issues start.

Learnt about the In Control app, so I downloaded to my iphone. Then I went online to register car, website asks for VIN and says car already registered to another owner. Bought 2019 with 26,000 klms. They said they'll do a reset and give it 24 hours. Next day, nothing, following day, nothing. Next solution, bring in and we'll do scan and reset, so I took car there last night to get car in for 9am appointment, hoping they'd look at car same day. By end of day, cannot fix and don't know what's wrong, cannot get to work. Asked to leave car there for a few more days to "try" figure out the problem. No way. Got car back, cleaned, but no APP.

How can a simple ID reset be such an issue? Or do Jaguar not care about used car market. Hence low resale values.

Any suggestions for me or the dealership to get original owner off the profile so I can access In Control features. Pre-conditioning on phone is really all I'm after.

With thanks

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
Call Jaguar Customer support. You'll find the number at their website for your region. They may be able to assist or at least give some direction on steps. They have helped others.
See posts in How to wipe/reset any InControl accounts on used XE?

Did the dealer open a TA with Jaguar? It would be noted on the repair order receipt you should have gotten. Did you get one? If so, what does it say they did? Also interested in the timeline of what was done.

·
Registered
559 Posts
When I did it for the US I called and they cleared the info for me while I was on the phone and I was able to add the car immediately afterwards. Did you call your local dealership? I assume you did because it sounds like they had you bring it in. Which seems silly. That was going to be useless.

You need to call Jaguar in control help.

Found this number on the Canada website.
Try that one
Font Screenshot Number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Call Jaguar Customer support. You'll find the number at their website for your region. They may be able to assist or at least give some direction on steps. They have helped others.
See posts in How to wipe/reset any InControl accounts on used XE?

Did the dealer open a TA with Jaguar? It would be noted on the repair order receipt you should have gotten. Did you get one? If so, what does it say they did? Also interested in the timeline of what was done.
Many thanks. Will get back to you with update. Never got TA number. I’ll try ask dealer in morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I did it for the US I called and they cleared the info for me while I was on the phone and I was able to add the car immediately afterwards. Did you call your local dealership? I assume you did because it sounds like they had you bring it in. Which seems silly. That was going to be useless.

Try that one
View attachment 6755
Will try this. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
I don't expect them to give you a TA number. It's value doesn't help us. It is just a general question of whether a TA was opened or not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the app sucks but it is better than nothing.

I think the former owner has to do something on their end as well. This happened to me and that was the solution.

In my case the car kept logging the former owner in as well. I did a series of specific steps in sequence, waited the 24 hours or whatever and it worked, but it took a while to figure it out.

Reactions: hyltonK

·
Registered
3 Posts

Try that one
View attachment 6755
This number was the best. Lady who answered was knowledgeable and figured out that prior owner had not completed his registration, hence could not be deleted off car’s profile. They working on contacting him to get that sorted and will be back to me. Dealership should know better than to ask for car for “a few more days of diagnostics (even said parts might need to be ordered from UK), when the solution is at HQ”. Really impressed with JLR North America service and feel like I’m talking with someone who knows what she’s talking about. Big thanks to you and others for helping me out.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dealership should know better than to ask for car for “a few more days of diagnostics (even said parts might need to be ordered from UK), when the solution is at HQ”.
Glad to be of help

I’m trying to me more like Ayepace!

had to double check so many times that my phone was still on the Canadian website. It kept wanting to switch me to US but I was worried that would give me the wrong US number for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to be of help

I’m trying to me more like Ayepace!

had to double check so many times that my phone was still on the Canadian website. It kept wanting to switch me to US but I was worried that would give me the wrong US number for you.
Jaguar North America were excellent - lady there (Marina) called me every day to make sure I knew she was on it. Very knowledgeable and figured out problem (previous owner did not compete online set up and system could not remove him). She got him removed and stayed on phone until car and app were all working. Impressive customer service. Dealer in Canada wanted car "for a few days" to do investigative work, she did in 15 minutes on the phone, car in my driveway. Thanks for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts