Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My In Control app has not been updating and the Wake Up Timer failed to activate on Saturday. The whole time though, it showed my correct mileage and range and even my location was correct (at home).

I drove Kitty for about 1 hour today (4/14/20), with 1 stop in between.

Got home, and now the app will not show current location (it still thinks I am at Trader Joe's in Calabasas). My battery also shows 0 and app will not update or refresh.

I have logged in and out on my iphone. I have logged in and out on my Mac (Jaguar website) and removed the app on my iPhone and re-installed. Nothing.

Car drove perfectly today and the car was flawless! No warnings, no errors, no snafus.....Perfect. Battery usage was excellent, Navi perfect, Bluetooth, 4G active.....

I am at a total loss. This has never happened since I took delivery in mid-December.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Something must be messed up. I deleted the app for the 2nd time from my iPhone. When I reinstalled it and logged back in to In Control, my range on the app came back (matched what the car says). The map updated and it showed my correct home address and location (Yay!)....and then in front of my eyes, the location went away and In Control app now says exact address and location is unknown/cannot be found! What?

I wish I was not stuck at home, and did not have as much time to focus on sh*t like this!!! Super frustrating! Oh well, Happy Tuesday :)

*Correct address and location returned, so that's good. However, I have tried 4-5 times now, trying 3 different dates to activate the Wake Up Timer, and it fails every time! To date, I have yet been able to successfully use the Wake Up Timer :( I think I need to walk away from the IC app today, before something bad happens/snaps, LOL.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't have an iPhone but on an Android when I run into crazy situations of similar vein I clear the cached memory for the app. I've deleted and reinstalled apps and the cache memory still existed. It took deliberately going through the process of clearing the cache to bring it back to working right.

This probably goes through AT&T too. I've noticed a drop in the cellular signal in places where it used to be quite good. I'm suspecting that the cellular networks may be overloaded in some areas at certain times. It may be impacting you too.

Oh for the good old days when phones didn't have apps to stress us out.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have an iPhone but on an Android when I run into crazy situations of similar vein I clear the cached memory for the app. I've deleted and reinstalled apps and the cache memory still existed. It took deliberately going through the process of clearing the cache to bring it back to working right.

This probably goes through AT&T too. I've noticed a drop in the cellular signal in places where it used to be quite good. I'm suspecting that the cellular networks may be overloaded in some areas at certain times. It may be impacting you too.

Oh for the good old days when phones didn't have apps to stress us out.
Seriously! I like to say I have in control (no pun intended) ocd, so stuff like this is hard for me to just "let go". I am happy that my I-Pace is still working perfectly, even though with this whole Covid thing my car sits for days and days without being used now.

Cannot love my Jag more, but SOTA and the app for Tesla seems light years ahead. I have tons of friends with Model S and Model 3, and they always say....their Tesla app has never not worked. Hard to believe, but you never know. I mean, look how great our SOTA works for the I-Pace ;)

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a new possible cause. You may need a TCU update, or a reset mentioned in this special sevice message: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173431-0001.pdf
THANK YOU. I finally got In Control to work, but still sometimes the current location is random (but honestly more times it is correct, than wrong).
I wonder how many I-pace need this TCU update? Do we know if it is widespread, or just hit and miss?

·
Registered
31 Posts
For what it's worth, my app has been intermittent since I bought the car in Dec.
I have complained to dealer, they have looked into it, but it still randomly freezes up. sometimes a for a day sometimes days-
have tried reloading the app- that seems to work sometimes, other times it just gets its brain back.
I really love this car and have taken the attitude that since it doesn't impact the driveability, i'll just deal with it.
Off topic:
This is a really nice forum, thank you guys, be well and safe

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For what it's worth, my app has been intermittent since I bought the car in Dec.
I have complained to dealer, they have looked into it, but it still randomly freezes up. sometimes a for a day sometimes days-
have tried reloading the app- that seems to work sometimes, other times it just gets its brain back.
I really love this car and have taken the attitude that since it doesn't impact the driveability, i'll just deal with it.
Off topic:
This is a really nice forum, thank you guys, be well and safe
I too have to take this attitude. Seeing how many people have had a plethora of I-Pace problems (some many severe), and my I-Pace has been near perfect since I took delivery in Dec, I need to stop worrying about and complaining about the In Control app. When it works it's great, and sometimes sadly it does not work. I will take app issues over car issues any day!

This forum is AMAZING. For a while I belonged to an I-Pace Forum on Facebook. Had to leave; so many nasty, rude and mean people on there. Our Forum here is amazing, and the moderators/admins are great guys (or gals).

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been trying to drive my car more often, and not let days and days pass and let Kitty sit in the garage.

By doing this, I have noticed my In Control app has not missed a beat. The current location has been correct every time, it updates almost instantly when I open the In Control app, Remote climate is available, Wake Up timer is available.....

So, maybe for our In Control app to function as best as it can, the I-Pace needs to be driven very regularly. Just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts