Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to set my vehicle departure time to start the climate control this week. It worked last winter and I flipped in on since my presets were still there. I had just turned them off last spring. It worked fine last year but has not worked once all week.
it shows it’s on but my heater never turns on. I’m using the old in control app.
I logged into the new app and went to climate but only see an option to turn it on and off but not to preset a daily departure time to automatically heat the car without doing it every morning.
I searched the site and didn’t see a discussion on this.
Any help appreciated.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I can’t set a pre-conditioning schedule from the app. I have to do it in the car. I can set climate targets from the app, but that’s it.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
In the "old" app...

1) scroll right to the Remote Climate display
2) Touch "Vehicle Departures" at the bottom
3) Touch "Add Departure"
4) Adjust the departure time (Note: On my phone I cannot see and adjust the minutes. It gets chopped off on the right.)
5) Touch "Repeat" in the lower left
6) Check boxes for whatever days you'd like each week
7) Touch OK (after this I can see the minutes to adjust)
8) Touch Save
9) Patiently wait for the app to acknowledge the update is made to the car

Repeat as necessary to set different departures on different days.

The preconditioning feature should be enabled on the car too.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
In the "new" app...

1) Touch Range
2) Touch Schedules at the bottom
3) Touch "add to precondition for maximum comfort and range" or "add new vehicle departure" (depends if there is an established schedule or not) or touch a pre-established time to change/delete/disable it.
4) Adjust the date and time for a particular day or Touch the letters of the week for setting a repeating schedule and then adjust the time of day.
5) Touch Apply and be patient.

When adjusting the time, be very careful when scrolling the values. Only the touch the gray bottom row of numbers lightly to scroll them up or down. It is very sensitive (at least on my phone) for the scroll down to close it instead of scrolling. You get the pleasure of starting over when that happens.

The preconditioning feature should be enabled on the car too.

(edited for revised sequence of steps)

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
My new app doesn’t have the “Range” option. I don‘t see that anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Update: I can find Range and Schedules, although it’s not following the pathway described above. I can’t add schedules from the app, I can only view them.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Edited the list of steps above for "new".

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I don't have the option to "add to precondition for maximum comfort and range". This is what I see when I tap on Schedules:

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
My app display is different (Android version 2.2.0). There's a section for Vehicle Departures and a section for Charge Period.

Is pre-conditioning enabled on the car?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My new app doesn’t have the “Range” option. I don‘t see that anywhere.
The instructions from AyePace (second set) are correct but are missing one step:

launch new app
select charge (which shows the range) on the main page
THEN look for schedules at the bottom

It is completely counter intuitive. The new app is simply...terrible.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
That’s the path that I followed. It still doesn’t allow me to set a schedule from the app.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I wonder if we're all running the same version of the "new" app. As stated I'm using Android 2.2.0. I open the app and the 3 main options are RANGE, SECUITY and STATUS above "HOME", "REMOTE", "JOUNEYS" and "MORE".

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
I don't have the option to "add to precondition for maximum comfort and range". This is what I see when I tap on Schedules:

View attachment 4859
Interesting. I can tell from the top bar on your images you are on iOS... I am as well. Here is what I see on that screen and the next. My app version is 2.4 last updated 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I wish I had that functionality! I’m also running iOS version 2.4. Perhaps there is something in the vehicle that I haven’t properly activated?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am also on iOS app version 2.4.0 and see the same thing Dennis C does: no option to create a new schedule. I do have schedules created (but disabled) in the car, which I can see from the old app.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I can view my schedules that are created in the car in the new app. I can't modify them or create new schedules.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I can see them when I actually put a scheduled departure time. If I don't have a scheduled time, then nothing shows up.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
Sorry for the slow follow-up. The only thing I can think of is to check that in the car your Vehicle Preconditioning screen shows that preconditioning is enabled as shown below. There doesn't have to be anything actually scheduled for the option to show up on my iPhone. I don't think I had to enable any other option related to this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts