Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone seen a breakdown of where these have been sold? Mostly Europe? Oh and California of course. :)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Global sales not too bad, but US sales pretty dismal. Just yesterday, 2 people asked me about my I-Pace when parking at work. They had NO idea it was electric and even said that did not even know Jaguar offered this car!

Every time I see a Tesla Model X and then look at our I-Paces.....I am beyond stumped why anyone would ever chose a Tesla over a Jaguar!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
So long as Tesla's model Y keeps the sparse interior I think there will be a place for Jag in the luxury crossover SUV EV market. But I'm sure model Y deliveries will outpace all the other car makers combined for it's segment for at least a couple years.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Has anyone seen a breakdown of where these have been sold? Mostly Europe? Oh and California of course. :)
I have seen quite a number in London and even outside in UK. Much more than I have every seen in the more populated cities in the US Mid Atlantic. I have at least 2 I-Paces within 2 blocks of me in London.

And 20K cars in the first year for a company that never made EVs is actually not bad at all. Specially considering their overall volume.

·
Super Moderator
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Folks I don't know what's going on with this thread but somehow each post requires a moderator to approve it ?!?

I'll look into it ... not sure I can do anything about it.

[May have to do with the location of the thread in News ... I now moved it to General Discussion, let's see how that goes]

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Having driven the 2020 (Raven) Model S, X, 3D, P3D+, (and e-Tron. Kona, New Leaf, Bolt) in the last month, as well as the Jaguar, it puzzles me why the I-Pace doesn't sell better than the Model S or X.
I can understand buying a Model 3 based on price, but not the MS/MX which are more money, have have similar performance, similar freeway range, but far fewer amentities.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Having driven the 2020 (Raven) Model S, X, 3D, P3D+, (and e-Tron. Kona, New Leaf, Bolt) in the last month, as well as the Jaguar, it puzzles me why the I-Pace doesn't sell better than the Model S or X.
I can understand buying a Model 3 based on price, but not the MS/MX which are more money, have have similar performance, similar freeway range, but far fewer amentities.
I get why people would go for the X or S over the Jag - While I personally prefer a vehicle with strong handling, most people don't care. While I personally prefer real leather, most people can't tell the difference in a Tesla.

Teslas have much better tech than our cars - sorry, it's just true. Features like being able to tell the car to raise to go into your driveway automatically, super reliable navigation, etc make people think the Tesla is a more high-end car than it actually is.

I love the way my IPace drives but I'm getting downright disgusted with the infotainment system - plus I'm going on a month without my car because of the stupid wiring harness issue that will soon plague all of us.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
288 Posts
Has anyone seen a breakdown of where these have been sold? Mostly Europe? Oh and California of course. [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
RayCee from the UK forum keeps a blog with a little more detailed breakdown
https://raycee1234.blogspot.com/search/label/Brand - Jaguar
The bottomline is that the Teslas are tech on wheels - nothing wrong with that - whilst the I-Pace is a car with electric motors rather than
an ICE. Each appeals to a different market or demographic. I personally would drive an ICE rather than any of the Teslas because of the design, styling and quality.
While I am probably in the minority in both the US and Europe, to me a car has to be an extension of my life style since I spend so many hrs in it. Without sounding elitist, my life style is not that of the average Tesla owner.

One very happy I-Pace owner.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
277 Posts
The sales numbers globally aren’t bad, especially since it’s more than 10% of their total sales. I specifically waited for a non-Tesla EV that had good performance because there was something I didn’t like about each of the Tesla models. Didn’t like the seats in the S, the handling of the X, the single display / no-HUD in the 3, and the lack of CarPlay on all models (I already give too many companies access to my personal info, I didn’t want to give it to another).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Based on the experience, the dealers in the US have very little incentive to sell the I-PACE. When I asked a salesperson about pre-ordering the car, he tried to sell me something else (and in fact did - I ended up buying a certified diesel Range Rover Sport in 2018). After a recurring problem with the RRS, I traded it in (with a little purchase assistance from JLR) on the I-PACE last month. The salesman again told me they made no money selling the I-PACE and that their margin was razor thin. They had two 2020s in stock (including the one I purchased) and neither was in the showroom or even in a prominent place outside on the lot. He told me mine was only the 6th I-PACE they have sold! It's crazy to me that JLR engineered and designed such a beautiful award-winning automobile and then appear to have utterly failed to adequately train and incentivize their dealer network to sell it. But I live in Tennessee, so perhaps dealers are more progressive in other parts of the country?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dealership (Cary, NC) loves the I-Pace. One sits in front next to 2 F-Types, and one is front and center in their showroom. They also are very good with the servicing - I’ve had 2 minor and 1 major services/repairs and none have taken longer than 48 hours. Weird how variable the experience is from place to place.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In my state Jaguar sold less than 130 new cars total. It's less than 0.1% marketshare. They will gladly sell any Jag someone is interested in. I have yet to see another I-Pace on the road.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
288 Posts
To my mind the important number here is the % of overall Jaguar sales. Approaching 10% of all Jaguar sales in North America is good regarding this car. Perhaps JLRNA would like to be selling more vehicles, but the I-Pace numbers are encouraging wrt the usual Jaguar buyer.
Connecting with other demographics would increase sales, but I'm not sure the I-Pace appeals to some of these other groups because of price/image/reputation etc. Let's compare I-Pace sales to Audi e-tron sales (around 20k globally last year, 600/month US).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agreed, haven't seen another one in real life. Been stopped many times (which is a new experience for me) about it by people

·
Registered
68 Posts
Been trying to order one with my specs since November with no luck. Supposedly Jaguar is giving zero allocations to the US right now. Not sure if I'll have to wait for the 2021s but at this rate, the Taycan and E-Tron GT become viable options.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Been trying to order one with my specs since November with no luck. Supposedly Jaguar is giving zero allocations to the US right now. Not sure if I'll have to wait for the 2021s but at this rate, the Taycan and E-Tron GT become viable options.
They are both very good alternatives, but there is/will be a significant price differential between those two and a Jaguar. And as someone who has the Taycan I have to say I find the Jaguar to be more fun to drive in some ways.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts