Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the car in today to fix a few annoying things.

Symptoms :

1) Infotainment system audio would have no sound on startup about 50% of the time. That includes backup camera warning.
2) Pedestrian warning noise would get stuck on even after shutting off the car for a couple minutes.
3) Information connectivity system/TCU stuck at 14.2 - dealer could not get it to update.
4) Camera view stuck when pulling away after reversing.

Anyway they had to call Jaguar 'engineering' and they've recommended replacing the IMC module itself - should be here in a week or so. Hopefully this fixes the gremlins.

The dealer was able to top up my washer fluid. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3

So whatever the dealer did last night allowed for an OTA update this morning. Not sure this will fix my audio problems - will see. Anyone noticed any differences with the new software?

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
Your BECM software seems to be behind. It should begin BP if you hand H264/H280 installed.
What version of infotainment do you have? Audio and camera issues are addressed with that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The infotainment is up to date. Dealer installed when I switched to winters in Oct - the radio started really acting up after that. It had just been released. H264 was done by dealer in the spring.

Yeah I noticed that battery management is behind. I wonder if that will come OTA now? Anyway they're going to replace the IMC and I was told would have to update all the software. 馃

Registered
Interesting. I have now had a few isolated incidents where the audio system completely cuts out (all audio,, from any source) and/or the backup camera stays on after pulling away.

I'm wondering, did your issues get worse over time? Or was it all at once? Having seen these initial episodes, should I be anticipating continued deterioration?

Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. I have now had a few isolated incidents where the audio system completely cuts out (all audio,, from any source) and/or the backup camera stays on after pulling away.

I'm wondering, did your issues get worse over time? Or was it all at once? Having seen these initial episodes, should I be anticipating continued deterioration?

Thanks.
My problems seemed to occur randomly. They were a bit less frequent recently. This week the IMC (infotainment master controller) was replaced and everything seems to be working correctly. The only thing with the software is I can't tell which version of the battery control software is installed - shows blank now. Here's the invoice below. If this is the end of the gremlins I will likely buy the car out at the end of my lease.

JOB# 1 CHARGES---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LABOR------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J# 1 17JAZ ELECTRICAL TRIM HOURS: TECH(S):309 WARRANTY
COMPLAINT: RADIO IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY. 50% OF THE TIME IT DOESNT
START UP OR VOLUME CANT BE ADJUSTED
CORRECTION: VERIFY CUSTOMER CONCERN, SCAN VEHICLE FOR FAULTS, NO CODES
FOUND, OPEN WIRE DIAGRAM, REMOVE PARTIAL OF CENTER CONSOLE
TEST C3ME23G-5 FIND 12V, SO WAKE UP SIGNAL IS OKAY.
REMOVE COVER TO IMC CHECK C2MA01A-3 12 VOLTS, SUBMIT FINDIN
TO ENGINEERS THEY HAVE ADVISED ME TO REPLACE IMC,
REPLACE IMC, UPDATE IMC AND UDPATE, TO 20C1, ROAD INSTALL
MAPS, ROAD TEST VEHICLE CHECKS OUT OKAY

PARTS------QTY---FP-NUMBER---------------DESCRIPTION---------LIST PRICE-UNIT PRICE-
1 T4N25164 MODULE-INFORMAT MOD WARRANTY
FRED#1178226,
-1 T4N25164 CORE RETURN WARRANTY
TOTAL - PARTS 0.00

JOB# 1 TOTALS------------------------------------------------------------

JOB# 1 JOURNAL PREFIX JACS JOB# 1 TOTAL 0.00
JOB# 2 CHARGES---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LABOR------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J# 2 17JAZZ00 DIAGNOSE AND REPORT HOURS: TECH(S):309 0.00
COMPLAINT: CANT CONNECT TO WIFI
CORRECTION: RELATED TO IMC ISSUE

JOB# 2 TOTALS------------------------------------------------------------

JOB# 2 JOURNAL PREFIX JACS JOB# 2 TOTAL 0.00
JOB# 3 CHARGES---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J# 3 17JAZZ30 SOUND SYSTEM HOURS: TECH(S):309 WARRANTY
COMPLAINT: CUSTOMER STATES TCU WILL NOT UPDATE OVER THE AIR PLEASE
UPDATE TO THE LATEST
CORRECTION: CHECK AND UPDATE TCU USING PATHFINDER, TCU IS AT CURRENT
LEVEL

JOB# 3 TOTALS------------------------------------------------------------

JOB# 3 JOURNAL PREFIX JACS JOB# 3 TOTAL 0.00
JOB# 4 CHARGES---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J# 4 20JAZ TRIM EXTERIOR HOURS: TECH(S):309 WARRANTY
COMPLAINT: WIPERS WORK ERRATICALLY WHEN IN AUTO MODE
CORRECTION: CHECK AND UPDATE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND GWM, VERIFY
OPERATION OF WIPERS, ROAD TEST VHEICLE CHECKS OUT OKAY

JOB# 4 TOTALS------------------------------------------------------------

JOB# 4 JOURNAL PREFIX JACS JOB# 4 TOTAL 0.00

Registered
So I took the car in today to fix a few annoying things.

Symptoms :

1) Infotainment system audio would have no sound on startup about 50% of the time. That includes backup camera warning.
2) Pedestrian warning noise would get stuck on even after shutting off the car for a couple minutes.
3) Information connectivity system/TCU stuck at 14.2 - dealer could not get it to update.
4) Camera view stuck when pulling away after reversing.

Anyway they had to call Jaguar 'engineering' and they've recommended replacing the IMC module itself - should be here in a week or so. Hopefully this fixes the gremlins.

The dealer was able to top up my washer fluid. :)
I had similar issues. TCU stuck at 16.2. Dealer opened a case with Jaguar and they recommended replacing TCU unit. Currently waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully it will allow the TCU updates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts