Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, radio was was frozen, front acoustics and back-up alarm all failing intermittently. Went for service and I have the same problem even after they said they replaced the ICM. Everything works like 25% of the time, so annoying. When I go to the dealer It'll probly be working and they'll say all is well. Is there any way for me to reset the infotainment system myself?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,522 Posts
I think you meant IMC, didn't you? Can you explain "radio was frozen"? Does that mean the touch screen didn't respond for anything related to satellite/am/fm/media functions?

It sounds to me like an audio amplifier module issue if the radio isn't still "freezing". No sound output to some of the speakers suggests either a loose connector or a bad module.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
854 Posts
Hi, radio was was frozen, front acoustics and back-up alarm all failing intermittently. Went for service and I have the same problem even after they said they replaced the ICM. Everything works like 25% of the time, so annoying. When I go to the dealer It'll probly be working and they'll say all is well. Is there any way for me to reset the infotainment system myself?
Is this associated with not letting the infotainment modules boot up fully by putting the car into gear too quickly? Many of us have experienced this occasionally when in a hurry.
If so, this "problem" has been addressed many times previously on the forum.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had my IMC replaced after getting problems like no sound and unresponsive volume control. Screens were also blank occassionaly. Finally the screens were blank but remained on even with the car off slowing draining the traction battery overnight by 1-2%. I could feel heat coming from the screens and see just a faint glow when off. Jag replaced the IMC and it's been fine since.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you meant IMC, didn't you? Can you explain "radio was frozen"? Does that mean the touch screen didn't respond for anything related to satellite/am/fm/media functions?

It sounds to me like an audio amplifier module issue if the radio isn't still "freezing". No sound output to some of the speakers suggests either a loose connector or a bad module.
Sorry, yes the IMC. First I was getting an acoustics not working alarm and the back up beep wasn’t working. Then radio volume started to also get stuck on say volume 4, 10, 12… now all 3 always happen at the same time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this associated with not letting the infotainment modules boot up fully by putting the car into gear too quickly? Many of us have experienced this occasionally when in a hurry.
If so, this "problem" has been addressed many times previously on the forum.
I always let the infotainment boot up until I can access the screen and set up some music. Btw there also a strange humming sound from the frunk whenever this happens. Think I read about this in an older IMC post.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my IMC replaced after getting problems like no sound and unresponsive volume control. Screens were also blank occassionaly. Finally the screens were blank but remained on even with the car off slowing draining the traction battery overnight by 1-2%. I could feel heat coming from the screens and see just a faint glow when off. Jag replaced the IMC and it's been fine since.
Thanks, I had a blank screen problem a few months ago and it’s not hap with this radio/acoustics issue. No heat issues w the screen and everything else works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Btw nothing else on the screen freezes other than the volume control. I just need to schedule another appointment but have to work long weeks. The service paper I got showed they did a startup battery hard reset. I feel like that might temporarily fix the problem until I can get to the dealer. Can u tell me what that is? Did a quick search and didn't find anything. Thank you and the others, I really do appreciate and respect u guys helping us and it's kind of amazing that some of you guys seem to be much more knowledgeable about this vehicle than many of the technicians.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It also says they performed a vehicle reset, that might work temporarily also. Can I do that myself? Thanks, sorry to spam. Happy New Year all!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,522 Posts
There is no published manual methods of causing a reset. Dealers hook up Pathfinder diagnostic tool, or the interface for TOPIx Cloud, and the software can interface with all the modules in the car. They can rese, unlock and reprogram modules as needed that.

From the picture of the receipt, it looks like the did not replace the IMC but unlocked it and then installed the latest software that most of us have been able to get OTA. You may have an IMC issue still if the IMC does have a hardware problem that isn't setting any fault codes regardless of software version,

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is no published manual methods of causing a reset. Dealers hook up Pathfinder diagnostic tool, or the interface for TOPIx Cloud, and the software can interface with all the modules in the car. They can rese, unlock and reprogram modules as needed that.

From the picture of the receipt, it looks like the did not replace the IMC but unlocked it and then installed the latest software that most of us have been able to get OTA. You may have an IMC issue still if the IMC does have a hardware problem that isn't setting any fault codes regardless of software version,
Thank u, eventually I'll go to dealer and post the outcome. Obvi still luv her and she did well in the recent northeast snow. I wonder how many inches kitty can drive thru on factory tires

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts