Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

Based on a post on the .uk forum, I took a gamble on ordering some f-pace sills from the bay. I had some trepidation, as these were $199 (if you search eBay, you'll be able to find them, as there are a few different sellers,) versus the full retail of $500 or so, and they came from Taiwan.

Very pleased to report that these work flawlessly. if they're not OEM, then possibly a factory in china that produces for JLR has gone rogue, because the dimensions of these are 1:1, and the black plastics are stamped with OEM part numbers and JLR markings.

This has already been posted in the .uk forum, but long story short, remove the OEM sills (pull up the rubber door seal, then pop out the sill.) The wiring is plugged into a dummy on the sill - unclip it and/or remove it from sill.

With the new sill, simply bend up the aluminum retainers until they are all straight, and pop out the cover piece (careful, if you pry, it will bend, it's thin,) then use your trim removal tool to loosen the adhesive holding the el piece to the plastic.)

on the existing sill - procedure above to remove the aluminum jag logo piece. Next, you'll need to remove ALL the black plastic pieces underneath the sill plate. (pic below) easiest way I found was to score the edges with a razor knife, then twist each separated piece off with channel locks. Finally, you'll need to drill out the blanking plate where the plug comes down to the bottom (refer to the new sill.)

Pop both pieces back in, bend the aluminum retainers, and voila! Reattaching these takes all of 1 minute a side (plug in the wiring,pop the retaining clip by the kick panel in first, then pop the rest in sequentially going backwards.)

Alternately, for those wanting to go non-OEM, for the flash animated sills, it would be trivially easy to tap them into the existing wiring that JLR was so kind as to provide, and would simply require two wire taps, and drilling a tiny hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All -

Based on a post on the .uk forum, I took a gamble on ordering some f-pace sills from the bay. I had some trepidation, as these were $199 (if you search eBay, you'll be able to find them, as there are a few different sellers,) versus the full retail of $500 or so, and they came from Taiwan.

Very pleased to report that these work flawlessly. if they're not OEM, then possibly a factory in china that produces for JLR has gone rogue, because the dimensions of these are 1:1, and the black plastics are stamped with OEM part numbers and JLR markings.

This has already been posted in the .uk forum, but long story short, remove the OEM sills (pull up the rubber door seal, then pop out the sill.) The wiring is plugged into a dummy on the sill - unclip it and/or remove it from sill.

With the new sill, simply bend up the aluminum retainers until they are all straight, and pop out the cover piece (careful, if you pry, it will bend, it's thin,) then use your trim removal tool to loosen the adhesive holding the el piece to the plastic.)

on the existing sill - procedure above to remove the aluminum jag logo piece. Next, you'll need to remove ALL the black plastic pieces underneath the sill plate. (pic below) easiest way I found was to score the edges with a razor knife, then twist each separated piece off with channel locks. Finally, you'll need to drill out the blanking plate where the plug comes down to the bottom (refer to the new sill.)

Pop both pieces back in, bend the aluminum retainers, and voila! Reattaching these takes all of 1 minute a side (plug in the wiring,pop the retaining clip by the kick panel in first, then pop the rest in sequentially going backwards.)

Alternately, for those wanting to go non-OEM, for the flash animated sills, it would be trivially easy to tap them into the existing wiring that JLR was so kind as to provide, and would simply require two wire taps, and drilling a tiny hole.

View attachment 4642

View attachment 4643
View attachment 4644
Hello, sorry but is this piece also fitted for the I-Pace ? because i see it on e-bay for F-Pace and according to
Jaguar the sills are not the same and have different dimensions.
Can you please clear this point out ?
thanks
Gilles

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
331 Posts
Does the trim removal tool come bundled?

I bought the dog ramp from ebay and its in jaguar bag with full JLR particulars but was less than half the price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, sorry but is this piece also fitted for the I-Pace ? because i see it on e-bay for F-Pace and according to
Jaguar the sills are not the same and have different dimensions.
Can you please clear this point out ?
thanks
Gilles
Not to be snarky, but re-read the post. The instructions are how to use f-pace sills to fit the I-pace.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
55 Posts
Does the trim removal tool come bundled?

I bought the dog ramp from ebay and its in jaguar bag with full JLR particulars but was less than half the price.
Mine didn't come with a trim removal tool. You can get a trim removal tool kit for a few dollars on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,325 Posts
Also available at local auto part and tool stores.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to be snarky, but re-read the post. The instructions are how to use f-pace sills to fit the I-pace.
thank you it is clear now
Just to be sure can you also confirm that there is already the wiring Inside the sill ready to connect ?

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
55 Posts
thank you it is clear now
Just to be sure can you also confirm that there is already the wiring Inside the sill ready to connect ?
The plug for the sill plate was present on my MY2019 HSE USA market. I don't know if it's different on other model years or markets. It's easy to pull off the sill plate if you want to confirm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The plug for the sill plate was present on my MY2019 HSE USA market. I don't know if it's different on other model years or markets. It's easy to pull off the sill plate if you want to confirm.
Thanks for your prompt reply and have a nice Day

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did you happen to examine the sill when it was apart? I wonder is the top just an aluminum looking adhesive of the illumation part? Can it be removed and replaced with a customized label? Or was it molded together such that it would destroy/ruin the illumination unit?
thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
For future generations who come to this thread, yes the silver inlay on top of the lighting element Can be removed and I’m confident if you got a print shop to create a silver sticker in the same dimensions you can customize the sill like how they offer in the accessories catalogue. The lighting element is just a rectangle and the silver jaguar inlay blocks the remaining light. There’s a hard plastic cover over the lighting element and in between that and the larger silver trapezoid surround, so it is protected from scuffs if you replace it with something else.

·
Registered
90 Posts
And again more info for future generations.
If you want to make a custom inlay the dimensions are
9” x 1 1/16”
That part goes on top of the lighting element.

And the visible area you have to work with that shows through is a trapezoid with the high length at 8 3/4” and the low length an even 7” and a height of 11/16”.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts