Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

Based on a post on the .uk forum, I took a gamble on ordering some f-pace sills from the bay. I had some trepidation, as these were $199 (if you search eBay, you'll be able to find them, as there are a few different sellers,) versus the full retail of $500 or so, and they came from Taiwan.

Very pleased to report that these work flawlessly. if they're not OEM, then possibly a factory in china that produces for JLR has gone rogue, because the dimensions of these are 1:1, and the black plastics are stamped with OEM part numbers and JLR markings.

This has already been posted in the .uk forum, but long story short, remove the OEM sills (pull up the rubber door seal, then pop out the sill.) The wiring is plugged into a dummy on the sill - unclip it and/or remove it from sill.

With the new sill, simply bend up the aluminum retainers until they are all straight, and pop out the cover piece (careful, if you pry, it will bend, it's thin,) then use your trim removal tool to loosen the adhesive holding the el piece to the plastic.)

on the existing sill - procedure above to remove the aluminum jag logo piece. Next, you'll need to remove ALL the black plastic pieces underneath the sill plate. (pic below) easiest way I found was to score the edges with a razor knife, then twist each separated piece off with channel locks. Finally, you'll need to drill out the blanking plate where the plug comes down to the bottom (refer to the new sill.)

Pop both pieces back in, bend the aluminum retainers, and voila! Reattaching these takes all of 1 minute a side (plug in the wiring,pop the retaining clip by the kick panel in first, then pop the rest in sequentially going backwards.)

Alternately, for those wanting to go non-OEM, for the flash animated sills, it would be trivially easy to tap them into the existing wiring that JLR was so kind as to provide, and would simply require two wire taps, and drilling a tiny hole.

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace FE Photon Red
54 Posts
Very cool!
Would you mind posting the ebay merchant ID? I had no luck searching for the sills.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
9 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration Aktif8! I finally got around to installing my own treadplates. I hooked in led pin lights on the rear treadplate while I was at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts