Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... you can buy my old I-Pace

Great car, battery is at about 92% capacity after they fixed it. Mars Red Performance Seats, da bomb.

Interesting journey ... first to another dealer in Walnut Creek, then to an auction house in Riverside, and now in Alpharetta, GA.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... you can buy my old I-Pace

Great car, battery is at about 92% capacity after they fixed it. Mars Red Performance Seats, da bomb.

Interesting journey ... first to another dealer in Walnut Creek, then to an auction house in Riverside, and now in Alpharetta, GA.
Did JLR buy back the car through the lemon law process?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I thought so. I wonder if a potential buyer will be made aware that the car was a lemon with a prior battery problem.

Nevermind. Carfax shows the lemon status.

·
Registered
2020 S
65 Posts
It looks like they're offering a 6 yr/100k mile warranty on it which should alleviate a lot of concerns about it being reconditioned. After seeing the prices for some of the new 2019's that have been sold recently, I have to wonder what this one will go for without the $7500 federal rebate. I'm guessing the $83k they show is at least 2X too high.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
856 Posts
They're just showing MSRP and you have to call them for their price. I would expect it to be much lower.

BTW, expect them to want to install LoJack if they haven't already and overcharge you for it. This dealership has several locations. I got mine from one of them. They were insistent on the LoJack install. I pointed out the lack of coverage for LoJack in the areas of the country I frequent the most. That brought the discussion of that option to a halt.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
489 Posts
I thought so. I wonder if a potential buyer will be made aware that the car was a lemon with a prior battery problem.

Nevermind. Carfax shows the lemon status.
Well that puts to bed the thread from a week or so ago suggesting JLR was reselling these vehicles w/o recognizing their lemon/buyback status.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well that puts to bed the thread from a week or so ago suggesting JLR was reselling these vehicles w/o recognizing their lemon/buyback status.
True on vehicles bought back through the lemon law process. I'm still wondering about buybacks outside of the lemon law.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Dealer Notes says: This vehicle was obsessively inspected, enduring a 165 point inspection by a team of Jaguar Trained Technicians, to ensure it meets our high standards!

They list the ODO at 9,017 miles.

I wonder how many test miles have they added since you returned it?

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder how many test miles have they added since you returned it?
Haha, funny you should ask. I can still see all the journeys and all the API data because JRL apparently neglected to cut me off. A few trips back and forth to what I assume was a technician's home. About a hundred miles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
$48,900 asking online. *All warranties are valid from the original in-service date or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. I bet someone can get them down to $45K. That would be a great deal. Did I mention Mars Red Performance Seats? ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are you trying for a finders fee?😅

Re the journeys, can you detrmine if it was driven or trucked to its current destination?

I guess you could see the customer test drives too.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My wife is in the market for an EV but she just can't bring herself to get a Jag ... too ostentatious for her job at a local school. We did talk about it and I would have gone for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts