Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... every day.

We all have niggles with it and some of us have had to jump through some serious hoops but isn't it just an amazing car to drive??? There really is nothing else like it out there!!!! Sorry, just had to get this off my chest. ?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
It remains most enjoyable daily driver I've owned. Driving a MX the last 3 days really makes me appreciate how good the I-Pace truly is.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No argument here! Still looking for excuses to drive it even in snow, fog and slick roads.

I even "volunteer" to take my wife shopping.... Egads!
I thought I was the only one to volunteer shop. Helps that the local mall has free level 2 charging. Been there more times in the last 4 months then the previous 4 yrs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It remains most enjoyable daily driver I've owned. Driving a MX the last 3 days really makes me appreciate how good the I-Pace truly is.
Does your wife like the X? Will you guys keep it or return it?

·
Registered
624 Posts
My adult son's first reaction when he hopped into the driver's seat echos Sciencegeek's post. He said, "Wow, it's like being in a spaceship."

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Does your wife like the X? Will you guys keep it or return it?
My wife loves the X, but she didn't drive the I-Pace much. Since it will be her car in about a year, that works for me.

The driver's experience is far better in the I-Pace, but the MX is not all bad. Here are things Jaguar should consider:
1) You can drive with the rear camera running. This is a nice blindspot monitor since it's super wide angle. And you can see through the back passengers or cargo.
2) It has a 2" hitch receiver, with a 7 pin round connector.
3) There is a "Feel Lucky" navigation button. You hit it, and it pops up an adventure destination at random. All cars need this.
4) There is a built in DashCam. While it could use some refinement (you can't play the videos back without a computer), it is nice.
5) The stalk control Tesla uses for ACC and AutoSteer is way better than what other people are using. The Jaguar control is good, but the Tesla is better.

What Tesla could learn from Jaguar (other than handling):
1) Tesla needs another trim level, say HSE or FE. Get this, there is ONE open USB port in the front. The second one is taken by the inductive phone charger. The center armrest has no storage, nor do the seat backs.
2) Needs a setting to "Present" door handles.
3) You should not HAVE to look at the center of the dash for anything. Ideally, put in a HUD option so you can keep your eyes on the road.
4) Don't shut off autosteering when the driver makes a minor correction to the AP. I could not understand why it kept turning off. It was because when AP was getting too close to a threat, I'd nudge the car over, which shuts off the AP.
5) It's $85,000+, spend $100 on some sound-proofing! A Prius has lower noise levels. Our 404HP Caddy is much quieter, and the I-Pace is quieter than that.
6) The year is 2020. It's time to integrate a cellphone correctly with a car. It's seriously primitive. Our 2006 pickup has more cell integration (it has a 2008 JVC stereo in it).
7) Some seat options would be nice. The seat is OK, but the Jaguar seat is very much superior.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a couple of exhibition boxes at a distributor 500km from home. It was for a neuroscience conference that got cancelled (all meetings are getting cancelled) that I was supposed to exhibit at. I had the customs documents with me (I brought the cases into the US a week earlier for another meeting). In any case, I wanted the gear back before all borders get closed, so I did not hesitate to hop in the car and drive to Boston, sleep over, get the boxes and drive back the next day. 8 hrs (with charging time) each way in 24 hrs and it was a pleasure. Today's hickup aside (stability system glitch), I love driving this car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A year of driving it has reset my new normal so much I don't notice it as much until I must drive something else (rarely). And then how great it is becomes starkly obvious. I kept my legacy '06 land yacht, which I never considered under-powered with its 5.0 liter V-8, but now find to be a slug. And the one time I chose to get a loaner, even a current model ICE Jaguar was clearly a big step down.

My recent exterior coating came with a nice interior detailing, and all the minor grunge buildup on some of the surfaces (the cup holder cover and the bottom surface inside the center stack hold) has been cleaned up to like new. They may have used a finger-print resistant treatment on the main display screen, because it is staying very clean also.

So inside and out it looks new, and with the fine driving aspect it always had, it is a terrific ride.

·
Registered
564 Posts
... every day.

We all have niggles with it and some of us have had to jump through some serious hoops but isn't it just an amazing car to drive??? There really is nothing else like it out there!!!! Sorry, just had to get this off my chest. ?
What replacement did you get? An "S" or "SE" model? Were you able to configure it the way you want it after owning an original several months?

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the unlikely combination of base model (S) in Fuji White with the 1022 18" wheels with my two absolute requirements: Performance (bucket) seats and Driver Assist Pack. That's why I went to LA to buy it.

The local alternatives that had both of those features were three totally loaded HSEs with 20 or 22 inch wheels (which I don't want) and winter pack / heated windshield (which I don't want) for way more $$ ... I really got lucky.

Oh and by the way, a big shoutout to Bill at Santa Monica JLR. They got me a great deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
... every day.

I have a white HSE with 20" wheels in Australia. Seven months old with 10,000 kms. I originally felt a bit guilty after having a Porsche Macan (which I loved) and then spending considerably more money on the Ipace. As the months go by, I experience gets better an better. Everything is great including the instrumentation and infotainment. I was actually thinking that the Ipace would be an intermediatory car until the BEV Macan is released in a couple of years. Frankly, the Macan would need to something very special to change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts