1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not a show. My sales rep told me a bunch of them would be in Irvine this week. Training for sales and service staff.

I looked around all week, but never saw one. Maybe you saw them leaving for their next stop?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see them, although I was on the 241 in Irvine today about noon.

I read that on a Tesla Forum with the pic.

That sucks I missed them. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you what type of charger the I-Pace use?

May be we send some messages to the various charger forums

to try spotting this new animal coming to South-Cal.
For DCFC, it uses the SAE CCS. It will handle 100kW sustained to 80% apparently, but an engineer said that could be changed to 120kW through software.

The problem is that CCS charging stations are either 25 or 50 kW in most locations and have poor coverage in fly-over states. California and the East Coast seem to have a good network of CCS which is growing rapidly.

JLR dealers are supposed to be installing CCS chargers I heard. We will see.

Production units aren't coming until Sept to the US I've been told. But you could see i-Paces at certain dealers in July or August.

The US model will use L1, L2 single phase SAE J1772. Onboard unit goes 120 to 240 volts and 8 amps to 32 amps from what I heard. The portable EVSE cable that comes with the car should do both 120v and 240v charging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope I can see one in person soon. I'm in the Denver area, and really want to touch the car before laying out money

1 - 10 of 10 Posts