Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a day goes by where I live that I do not see multiple Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce...but I have never seen another I-Pace (not parked or driving).

I walked out of work this morning in Westlake Village and there is a Corris Gray I-Pace S right in front of my silver one. WOW, so surprised. Corris is beautiful in the sun, but I am NOT of fan of these wheels & tires!

Happy Monday everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice! They probably parked there because they saw your car, first one in the wild for them also. I would have done the same. Cheers!

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah, in BH I see so many RRs that I no one even looks any more

Corris is best in the sun and those wheels don't look at as good, but they ride really smooth a x get the best mileage

·
Registered
427 Posts
I saw my first I-Pace on Christmas eve. I live in the Orlando area and I know that about 10 have been sold, but I haven't seen one here. On December 24, I drove to Lakewood Ranch (near Sarasota, FL) and stopped by a First Watch for lunch. As I entered the parking lot, I saw another I-Pace in Corris Grey. There are lots of Jag owners in Lakewood Ranch compared with Orlando. Didn't get a chance to chat them up. Hope to see them again as I get out that direction about once a month.

For reference - I took delivery of my I-Pace on December 29, so five days prior to my one year anniversary, finally saw one in the wild.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, in BH I see so many RRs that I no one even looks any more

Corris is best in the sun and those wheels don't look at as good, but they ride really smooth a x get the best mileage
My second ;) thought after seeing those wheels was....man, I bet those make for a smooth ride and good range :)

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do find it strange and sad for Jaguar that there are so few I-Pace on the roads. The I-Pace not only looks way better than the Tesla Model X, but the Jag has exponentially higher build quality, better materials, rides like a Rolls-Royce compared to Tesla, AND it costs so much less & has included Maintenance. I don't understand low sales.

If someone talks about Jaguar reliability....look at most consumer based reliability reports! Tesla Model X and 3 score horribly low.

The I-Pace has been for sale, for what a year, or almost a year in the US...and today is the first one I have seen. I mean, there are 3 Bentleys, 2 Rolls-Royce and 2 Ferraris on my street, within 2 houses away....but NO I-Pace seen in 12 months. Crazy sad!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My I-Pace retired before I saw another one outside a dealership.
That probably why they draw so much attention. People were constantly asking about my I-Pace, and even taking pics of it.

Test drove the Tesla Model 3 Performance just now. It's not as enjoyable to drive as the I-Pace IMO. It does have a good punch though.

I need to think about it still. It's ergo is not as good, nor it's forward visibility. The handling is OK, but not up to the Jaguar standard.

Kind of hard justifying $60k for it. I considered the I-Pace a better value even though it's nearly 50% more $. The Model S doesn't do anything for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
That probably why they draw so much attention. People were constantly asking about my I-Pace, and even taking pics of it.

Test drove the Tesla Model 3 Performance just now. It's not as enjoyable to drive as the I-Pace IMO. It does have a good punch though.

I need to think about it still. It's ergo is not as good, nor it's forward visibility. The handling is OK, but not up to the Jaguar standard.

Kind of hard justifying $60k for it. I considered the I-Pace a better value even though it's nearly 50% more $. The Model S doesn't do anything for me.
Heck, you could find another FE or HSE for not much more than that $60k Model 3.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have those same rims as my winter wheelset. They do ride softer than the 22s. Its a lot of rubber.

Jaguar does not sell a lot overall. I think Ipace is the only model in their lineup with increasing sales #s. I do see a lot of F-paces around the Toronto area though - at least a few everyday.

·
Registered
893 Posts

The 3 is 30k max IMO.

You think Jags service is bad, wait to get a load of Tesla. At least with JLR you didn't have to sue them to buy back your car. Take a look at all the lawsuits against Tesla

All EVs are a problem as they are in their infancy, but at least JLR & VW/Audi will take care of the customer. Not so much with Tesla

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 3 is 30k max IMO.

You think Jags service is bad, wait to get a load of Tesla. At least with JLR you didn't have to sue them to buy back your car. Take a look at all the lawsuits against Tesla

All EVs are a problem as they are in their infancy, but at least JLR & VW/Audi will take care of the customer. Not so much with Tesla
100% Our neighbor 2 doors down that loved my new I-Pace so much be bought one, (picking it up tonight or tomorrow morning) had had TWO Tesla Model S. He said the quality of service and customer service from Tesla is SO terrible, he will NEVER buy or lease another Tesla.
So far, my experience with Jaguar and 4 Range Rovers...JLR Service is excellent.

·
Registered
893 Posts
100% Our neighbor 2 doors down that loved my new I-Pace so much be bought one, (picking it up tonight or tomorrow morning) had had TWO Tesla Model S. He said the quality of service and customer service from Tesla is SO terrible, he will NEVER buy or lease another Tesla.
So far, my experience with Jaguar and 4 Range Rovers...JLR Service is excellent.

Your neighbors experience is very common

Tesla will need to hike prices and add a dealer network or to pay for more service centers. Problem is they can never have a dealer network & if they raise price sales will fall even more.

Tesla sales are down in the US so they have been focusing oversees, which puts more pressure on building service centers

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Northern Virginia, and saw my first I-Pace in the wild last week. The I-Pace was parked in a parking lot, and I was pulling into the parking lot. I stopped and said "hello fellow I-Pace owner!" I was so excited. The other I-Pace was less then a month old. I've had mine since March. I absolutely love my car (minor flaws and all), and can't believe sales haven't skyrocketed! Where I live I don't think many know just what a cool car it is...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts