Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I laughed when he got to the voice recognition part. I still have a dismal success rate using the voice recognition for navigation to a named POI. I can search the database via the keyboard for a restaurant like ‘Anthony’s by the Bay’ and it will come up immediately. But if I try a voice search for the same POI, it gives me the most bizarre results, not even remotely like what I asked for. So it’s in the database but not properly understanding the voice. Yet my wife’s Lexus responds accurately and predictably to the same voice search.

The I-Pace’s voice recognition is OK for very simple things like ‘Navigate to Wendys’, but beyond that it’s really poor for me. I did change the voice to American English, so it’s not that and my diction is good, so it’s not that either. Maybe I should try Mandarin? ;)

Anyone have any ideas to improve the hit rate?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was nice to see the boot adjustment shown in such a simple way. I also didn't know about the windows through the remote feature

·
Registered
134 Posts
I didn't know about the windows either. We had some car in the past that would roll down the windows with a continued press of the remote, but I don't think it would also roll up the windows. Cool.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
28 Posts
I didn't know about the windows either. We had some car in the past that would roll down the windows with a continued press of the remote, but I don't think it would also roll up the windows. Cool.
Since I'm still selling my wife the I-Pace idea, I ran down to tell her about the window feature as soon as I saw it! :geek:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I'm still selling my wife the I-Pace idea, I ran down to tell her about the window feature as soon as I saw it! :geek:
I sell the I-Pace by the unique looks of the exterior, hood intake, low roofline, lines that form factor that can only work on a ground up EV platform.
Build quality, fit, finish and materials. I ask them to touch the leather, observe the glass roof.
Pièce de resistance is the launch, handling and performance of the car. The one peddle driving, no turbo lag, no transmission or gear shifting makes the experience superior to other automobiles

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
28 Posts
I sell the I-Pace by the unique looks of the exterior, hood intake, low roofline, lines that form factor that can only work on a ground up EV platform.
Build quality, fit, finish and materials. I ask them to touch the leather, observe the glass roof.
Pièce de resistance is the launch, handling and performance of the car. The one peddle driving, no turbo lag, no transmission or gear shifting makes the experience superior to other automobiles
I tried all those, but she wasn't convinced! I think I got her on the windows though...... :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Global closing via the fob is not enabled in the US and you have to continuously press the door handle button to lock the car and close the windows. Global closing has been added to the i-guide phone app but the owner's manual may have not the information (I haven't see a recent edition).

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
Global closing via the fob is not enabled in the US and you have to continuously press the door handle button to lock the car and close the windows. Global closing has been added to the i-guide phone app but the owner's manual may have not the information (I haven't see a recent edition).
Ah I thought it was just me.
Global opening works from the fob though, go figure ....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am confused. Why is it not enabled in US? It is in the owner's manual. On the other hand, I tried the global closing using the smart key but it did not work. Also, I tried to close a window remotely using phone app. It attempted but returned an error massage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts