Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's pretty obvious the gal really enjoys driving the Jag more through the whole video. Plus the Jag looks so much better, especially the front.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Also, the "points" the Audi got were "It was 1% less interior noise than the Jag = I.E. EQUAL!!!) and it could charge faster IF you can find a charger that can do it, but most don't. The only "legit" point the Audi got was a larger boot - because it's a larger car.

Whereas, the Jag points were "it's faster, it's more efficient, it's lighter, it handles better, it's more fun, etc ... " the stuff you'd care about EVERY DAY!

I don't think it's even close.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Also, the "points" the Audi got were "It was 1% less interior noise than the Jag = I.E. EQUAL!!!) and it could charge faster IF you can find a charger that can do it, but most don't. The only "legit" point the Audi got was a larger boot - because it's a larger car.

Whereas, the Jag points were "it's faster, it's more efficient, it's lighter, it handles better, it's more fun, etc ... " the stuff you'd care about EVERY DAY!

I don't think it's even close.
I'm with you, WattAJag! Plus the I-Pace looks way better. I had an eTron parked next to me while charging so I took the opportunity to check it out. The I-Pace interior is better and the Audi looks like a normal SUV while the I-Pace is unique. I had no buyers remorse for sure.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I had my first live sighting of an e-Tron last week. Just another Audi SUV...? Q5? Q7? Q6??? I almost didn't notice it. I guess that's what they (and assumed their customers) were after. On that target they hit the bullseye. Clearly fell short on range target, though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did like the charging port mechanism on the E-TRON. The door dropping down paralleled to the body is cool. The second charge port on the other side could be handy at times. Lacking the top charging ability takes away a little from having two, but not much.

Not enough to sway my opinion of which is better, of course.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another video this time I-PACE versus e-tron versus Tesla Model 3 Performance versus Supra:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just watched that video. I kept thinking they should run it back to back 3-5 times to see which of them could continue to have the same performance. That model3 certainly is fast...

·
Super Moderator
1,725 Posts
I just watched that video. I kept thinking they should run it back to back 3-5 times to see which of them could continue to have the same performance. That model3 certainly is fast...
Yes. And you know that the Model Frog would croak after a few times and the Kitty Cat would just keep going ...

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's my point. I know the model S would definitely have issues after a few passes, but I don't know if the 3 suffers from the same problem.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's my point. I know the model S would definitely have issues after a few passes, but I don't know if the 3 suffers from the same problem.
Not as bad but yes, it throttles, and this is in “track mode” so it would be like jaguar releasing the racing modes to the
i Pace.

https://insideevs.com/news/338678/tesla-model-3-performance-gets-track-tested-by-road-track/

it’s one of my issues with Tesla, its always some amount of smoke and mirrors rather than a genuine “sports/performance” car.

·
Registered
913 Posts
A line of cars moving slowly in the freeway left lane? Guess who's in front? That's right! The Tesla driver zoning out on autopilot. Priuses don't give sufficient smugness anymore. Gotta get the Tesla for that.

Seriously, when I pull up to a light and have to get behind another car or two, I always judge who's going to be fastest. Priuses and Teslas are usually slowest off the line. A weird combo, but yeah...

·
Registered
3 Posts
E tron vs. I Pace

I ordered both an I Pace and a E Tron but released the E Tron and bought the I Pace.

Though the E Tron had better electronic interface, retractable sunroof with screen, trunk/frunck space, 4k towing, wireless Car Play, wireless cell phone charging and massage seats, I found the range unacceptable (about 200 miles) and handling unaspiring.

I bought the I Pace for design, road handling, range (quoted at 234 but I get 282 miles), acceleration and interior layout despite the lack of sunroof screen (available after market), no towing, slow info-entertainment interface, plug-in Car Play, and no massage seats.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
I bought the I Pace for design, road handling, range (quoted at 234 but I get 282 miles).
Have you actually been able to travel 282 miles on a single charge or are you simply going by what your distance to empty gauge shows? I would be very interested in knowing under what conditions you are achieving 3.37miles/kWh.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I drove the E-Tron again this weekend.
The build quality is superb, excellent finish & finish, but it's a boring car.
Is a big, bulky luxury automobile. I forgot it was even Electric

·
Registered
670 Posts
I drove the E-Tron again this weekend.
The build quality is superb, excellent finish & finish, but it's a boring car.
Is a big, bulky luxury automobile. I forgot it was even Electric
May as well get the gas version then.
That's what I said instead of paying the premium for an EV

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's what I said instead of paying the premium for an EV
Sounds like only compelling thing is if you want an Audi and are concerned about carbon emissions. Probably a very small market.

I love Audis but the E Tron was just too boring.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts