Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yes as expected Jaguar dealers are trapped in the selling bias toward ICE.
Tesla sales has no such distraction.

Only thing that could be wrong is the price... right?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Too bad. They should really be pushing this car. I've had it for almost 2 months and it is a really great car. They can use it to stand out as a brand for the future.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Jaguar marketing stinks. I've seen only a single commercial that shows the I-Pace racing silently around the Monaco Grand Prix course. The ad isn't clear about the car being an EV with great range and comfort. If they want to sell the car Jaguar must focus their advertising on safety and convenience - the sort of things that real world drivers want, plus the green aspect of zero emissions and reduced cost of charging. The I-Pace is a fantastic family car and JLR marketing doesn't tell the potential customer why they should own one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jaguar marketing stinks. I've seen only a single commercial that shows the I-Pace racing silently around the Monaco Grand Prix course. The ad isn't clear about the car being an EV with great range and comfort. If they want to sell the car Jaguar must focus their advertising on safety and convenience - the sort of things that real world drivers want, plus the green aspect of zero emissions and reduced cost of charging. The I-Pace is a fantastic family car and JLR marketing doesn't tell the potential customer why they should own one.
Most people have never even heard of the car. I took a friend in to drive it today instead of a Panamera. He loved it
I dont think he can drive a non EV anymore.

Problem was that I was selling the car and have way more knowledge than the sales guy.
He wasn't even aware of the CA EV credit.
In the sales persons defense, he needs to memorize so many different cars they carry

·
Registered
559 Posts
I agree there is a good chance floor sales is a bit lacking. Really think JLR could push to have all customers at least test drive the I-Pace to qualify for incentives on any vehicle.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You have to drive the I-Pace to really appreciate it.

I've been hearing I-Pace commercials on KLOS 95.5 and seeing billboards in SoCal.

But I'm not sure advertising works on EVs. Tesla only tweets and emails and has been successful at selling.

Three things work against the Jaguar:

The brand's repair history.
The "Prius" effect - EVs/Hybrids are to be endured, not enjoyed. You must suffer to be a true Eco Warrior, and have extreme views.
Constant trolling by Tesla fans posting false information on all EVs and the CCS grid.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I've been hearing I-Pace commercials on KLOS 95.5 and seeing billboards in SoCal.

But I'm not sure advertising works on EVs. Tesla only tweets and emails and has been successful at selling.

The "Prius" effect - EVs/Hybrids are to be endured, not enjoyed. You must suffer to be a true Eco Warrior, and have extreme views.
Constant trolling by Tesla fans posting false information on all EVs and the CCS grid.
Tesla is the Herbalife of cars. When you have the members of a cult breathing down your neck to buy a car, so they can get a free nonexistent roadster one day, there isn't much need to advertise.

When I brought up the IPace to my friend, he said Jaguar is brand thats always in the shop and a lemon.
If I didn't know so much about the car, he would have never even known it existed

·
Registered
107 Posts

Tesla is the Herbalife of cars. When you have the members of a cult breathing down your neck to buy a car, so they can get a free nonexistent roadster one day, there isn't much need to advertise.

When I brought up the IPace to my friend, he said Jaguar is brand thats always in the shop and a lemon.
If I didn't know so much about the car, he would have never even known it existed
I reeeealy wanted to fight that stereotype as well, but my car has been in the shop so many times since I bought it my neighbors all thought I didn't own it anymore. One joked with me last week that he's looking forward to seeing what loaner I get next cuz he likes checking out all the different Land Rovers theyve given me. So sadly I don't have much of an argument against the"always in the shop" stereotype ☹

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts

I reeeealy wanted to fight that stereotype as well, but my car has been in the shop so many times since I bought it my neighbors all thought I didn't own it anymore. One joked with me last week that he's looking forward to seeing what loaner I get next cuz he likes checking out all the different Land Rovers theyve given me. So sadly I don't have much of an argument against the"always in the shop" stereotype ☹
I haven’t seen my car since I dropped it of on July 5th...they still can’t seem to figure out how to get the AC to work...

·
Registered
392 Posts
I haven’t seen my car since I dropped it of on July 5th...they still can’t seem to figure out how to get the AC to work...
Mine is in the shop for the 5th time in the 3 months I've owned it. Worse, the Discovery Sport loaner died in my driveway and had to be towed. Insane!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sorry to hear, that's awful. However, you're now at 30 days in the shop, and in Florida that's 100% in lemon law territory. Your leverage just ratcheted up. Take it for what it is, a fluke, a "lemon" and use the law as it was intended, to force them to get you into a replacement ASAP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts