Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
2. I cannot for the life of me to get smart settings to create a profile. Is there a trick to this? How do I get this to work?

I'm also looking for the best tips to get the most out of what I have in regards to customization and personalization, so please throw them my way. Glad to be a part of the community!
SlyFox, can you tell me how you are trying to build a profile? We can help if we know what's going on. Early on, profiles were causing havoc with the rest of the infotainment functions but is much more stable. I was hoping that using profiles would set regen level and Creep mode by driver but unfortunately it doesn't.

·
Registered
2019 HSE, Santorini Black, Light Oyster, HUD, Adaptive Dynamics.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
SlyFox, can you tell me how you are trying to build a profile? We can help if we know what's going on. Early on, profiles were causing havoc with the rest of the infotainment functions but is much more stable. I was hoping that using profiles would set regen level and Creep mode by driver but unfortunately it doesn't.
I have literally pressed 'Create Profile', put in a name, then it sits on the loading screen for creating profile and does nothing else. However, just yesterday I got a free trial of ATT in car wifi, and it created my profile instantly. (Even though when I was trying to create it the first time, I was connected to my home wifi).
So, if I cancel my in car wifi, does my smart profile cease to work?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have literally pressed 'Create Profile', put in a name, then it sits on the loading screen for creating profile and does nothing else. However, just yesterday I got a free trial of ATT in car wifi, and it created my profile instantly. (Even though when I was trying to create it the first time, I was connected to my home wifi).
So, if I cancel my in car wifi, does my smart profile cease to work?
I'm not sure how Profiles/Smart Settings and internet connectivity are related but it certainly sounds like your 4G connection was the right ticket. Your profile should remain if you decide to cancel your AT&T service. There are many owners who've allowed their accounts to lapse and there are no reports of issues with Profiles/smart settings.

·
Registered
2019 HSE, Santorini Black, Light Oyster, HUD, Adaptive Dynamics.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm not sure how Profiles/Smart Settings and internet connectivity are related but it certainly sounds like your 4G connection was the right ticket. Your profile should remain if you decide to cancel your AT&T service. There are many owners who've allowed their accounts to lapse and there are no reports of issues with Profiles/smart settings.
Yay, that's great news! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
666 Posts
Smart settings profiles are supposed to save usage preferences for a given driver (key and smart phone combination). This takes an unknown amount of driving to learn about the driver. It is more than just 1 trip. After learning usage pattern it will pop up a message asking if the usage profile should automatically be activated when the profile (key+phone) is detected.

That being typed, we also know it forgets profiles. Maybe we haven't done it right so I started a new profile today to see what happens after the confirmation message.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Last thing the dealer said after I bought the car, and I was getting ready to leave the dealership, was to signup and make a profile. I still haven't done it! Maybe some day.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts