Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m experiencing what appears to be an air suspension oscillation at highway speeds. When traveling at 73mph on a smooth concrete surface highway, the suspension rocks side to side every 2-3 seconds. It is subtle but noticeable. The steering wheel and vehicle direction stay stable. The road is not inducing the oscillation - cars around me are showing no suspension movement. Has anyone had a similar experience?

One other observation. When parked and the suspension height is switched from low to high, the rear end goes up first, followed a second or so later by the front end. Does your car with adjustable air suspension behave similarly?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m experiencing what appears to be an air suspension oscillation at highway speeds. When traveling at 73mph on a smooth concrete surface highway, the suspension rocks side to side every 2-3 seconds. It is subtle but noticeable. The steering wheel and vehicle direction stay stable. The road is not inducing the oscillation - cars around me are showing no suspension movement. Has anyone had a similar experience?

One other observation. When parked and the suspension height is switched from low to high, the rear end goes up first, followed a second or so later by the front end. Does your car with adjustable air suspension behave similarly?
Only after I go over a small bump at highway speed, it seems air suspension is trying to adjust itself. The second issue is normal. That's how it worked on all my cars with air suspensions.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Mine does this too, from day one! Some days (or freeways) are worse. According to my dealer this is "normal" and nothing can be done. I noticed it the day I took delivery, once I entered and accelerated onto the freeway (highway/motor way). Some days it is very prominent.

Some days my air suspension adjusts when parked in the garage, and sometimes not. I used to make fun of Bavarian technology in our BMWs, but it seems there are remnants of Dr. Lucas too in our Jags. LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've never felt it. I recall one review mentioning it. Does the have adaptive suspension?

The closest thing I've seen is the car bounces around a big more at low speed on bumpy roads compared to other SUVs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My I-Pace FE doesn’t exhibit the oscillating characteristic at any speed. I normally travel 65 - 85 on the highways and the FE is perfectly smooth and stable.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I will say that this oscillation does not happen every time, but I have experienced it on several occasions. Usually my I-Pace is very solid and stable on the highway. Speed can almost not be felt :-O

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the first issue - I have noticed this on certain roads - Concrete with grooves. I believe the grooves align with tire grooves and try and track with it. There are quite a few discussions on this online.
On the second point - this is by design - it requires a smaller compressor and electrical load if you do rear then front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts